𝟔. 𝐖𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥

BROOKE GROANED THROWING HER head Into the pillow beneath her head, shoving her face into it to block out the light that was streaming so brightly through the curtains that it burned her freshly awake eyes. She had clearly forgotten to close them before she fell asleep, inevitably making for a horrid wake up call at the crack of dawn.

     With a sigh she rolled over, bumping her head suddenly against whatever hard object was lay beside her, squinting through the light and her swollen eyes she looked up to see Mason fast asleep, head lolled off to one side as he sat up against the headboard.

     With another frustrated groan at the light that was stopping her from falling asleep she quickly stood up, swiping the covers off of her body and stumbling over to the window and snatching her curtains closed, breathing a sigh of relief as she scrambled back into bed and pulled the quilt back over her.

     The warmth of the covers quickly lulled her back to sleep, the thought of school being the last thing on her mind as she ultimately decided to skip it in the moments before falling asleep where she opted not to set any alarm for three hours time.

     Once the brunette girl had fallen asleep, the raven haired boy awoke, he too was confused as to his whereabouts until he adjusted to the light and saw the sight of his curled up little sister fast asleep once again beneath her egg shell coloured bed sheets.

     He craned his neck back up, a struggle because of his stiff it had become due to the angle at which he lay. But once he had stretched he climbed out of the bed, leaving the brunette girl to sleep for however long she wanted to. He too wasn't going to school either, instead he also fell back into his own bedsheets and went back to sleep, leaving the state of downstairs until he woke up again later that day.  

     Sleeping was a coping mechanism, a way to ignore all of their troubles until they opened their eyes once again, a way to live in a different world when they didn't want to live the lives that they did.

     BROOKE GROANED AT THE SUDDEN movement at the end of her bed, lurching her from her sleep so abruptly that it took her a few moments to realise just what the shift was. Looking up she saw three out of four of her best friends, each looking sympathetic, worried and concerned. Three looks that made her want to block out the rest of the world with the pillows beneath her head.

     "What?" She snapped, dropping back down onto her bed and hugging one of her many pillows into her chest hoping that if she buried herself deep enough then they would leave her alone, let her wallow in peace.

     Hanna smiled slightly at her friend, sitting down at the foot of her bed (much gentler this time) and crossing her legs. "Mason let us in." She told her, picking up the dinosaur that was teetering on the edge of the mattress and squishing it in her hands and then throwing it at the brunette. Despite the blondes poor gym skills (likely because she spent it hiding in the toilets) it hit the Bentley girl on the head before toppling onto her floor.

     With another loud groan she sat up, her hair frizzy from tossing and turning in her sleep, her face blotchy stained from tears. She glared furiously at the blonde who smiled sweetly in return.

     Emily looked concerned, reaching forwards to look at the brunettes face, "Have you been crying?" She asked softly but was quickly shut down with a sharp no as the brunette swatted her hand away gently so that the Fields girl retracted her hand.