𝟏𝟎. 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫

BROOKE GROANED QUIETLY, GRABBING onto the window ledge to pull herself up with the help of Mike who was howling with laughter that he was trying to cover with his hand. "Shut up." She narrowed her eyes at him for a split second before quickly looking back at where she was putting her shoes to make sure she didn't miss one of the foot holes that were holding her up. "I forgot how difficult that is." She snapped, laughing herself when he grabbed her to help her up the rest of the way, until they were both sat on his bed room floor laughing, each trying to stop and stay quiet, but each struggling immensely.

"That was the best thing i've seen all year." He joked between breaths, throwing his head back again when Brooke slapped his chest and stood up, wiping her now dirty hands on her jeans.

The foot holes that used to be so easy to climb, that Brooke used to pull herself up onto without a second thought seemed a whole lot harder to climb than before. There was about a foot of flat wall before the ridges started until they lead to Mikes window. She felt like she was having deja vu.

This route used to be the pairs go to when it came to seeing each other, whether Mike climbed down it to meet the brunette in her back garden or whether she climbed up it to meet him in his bedroom, either way it had been well used. But with nobody using it over the last year or so, moss had grown into the previously empty ridges on the bricks and it had become a whole lot harder.

"You can't laugh until you've tried it yourself." She huffed, standing with her arms crossed across her chest and a pout on her lips. "I forgot how unbelievably annoying you are." She grumbled when he stood up, a big grin still on his lips as he stood over her, only smiling more when he saw her pouty lips, taking in his full advantage to press a kiss to them. The frown was gone instantly after that.

He shook his head at the brunette, pulling the girl to lay down on his bed. He was made up to have the girl back and had spent at least five minutes staring at her when she dropped beside him on the bed. And while he was staring at her, she was staring at his room, wondering what had changed since she had last been in here and since he had left.

Considering he had moved out and then back in again, a considerable amount was still the same. His bed remained in the same place opposite the tv on his wall and his desk remained under the window and beside the big window that opened like a door, that she had just forced herself through. His room wasn't blue anymore tho, it was now a cream that she was sure the renters had painted and he hadn't been bothered to change back.

"What you thinking about?" Mike mumbled from beside her, running his fingers through her brown hair when she rolled to lay her head on his chest.

Brooke sighed a breath of contentment, fiddling with his free hand and the ring that rested on it. "Just how much better your room looks now." She hummed, laughing when the boy gasped as if deeply offended.

"What did you have against the blue?" He asked throwing his hands up dramatically and making the brunette laugh and him smile when he felt the vibrations against his chest. Rolling his eyes when she said, "Nothing, nothing." Before laughing again. "God, I missed you." He sighed in their moment of silence, the only moment of silence that didn't make Brooke cringe. The only silence that didn't make her awkward.

The only silence she didn't need to fill was the ones with Mike.

But even then, the silenced was ruined. Ruined by a knock at the door just as Brooke was beginning to fall asleep on his chest while he smiled down at her, twirling the ends of her hair. She knew what came after a night with Mike, she knew that she'd fall asleep until the early mornings and then her body would wake her up because it knew she couldn't stay. And then she'd sneak off without waking him up and scale down the side of his house once again and sneak back into her own.