𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

・゚: *・゚:*
| CLARITY |
╰┈➤ act 1
╰┈➤ prologue

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*| CLARITY |╰┈➤ act 1╰┈➤ prologue

・゚: *・゚:*

2009

       ROSEWOOD, PENNSYLVANIA BROUGHT A SENSE OF VACANCY to the people who inhabited the town. The people who used the place as their solitude were the same ones who had been born there, the same ones that would probably never leave because there was something about the quaintness of the classic suburban American town that brought a sense of security to the residents. Something about the way that it appeared as the perfect picturesque town made people want to stay.

         Brooke Bentley was a representation of one of the many children birthed and raised in Rosewood. Her family were the classic American dream. Similarly, Allison Dilaurentis was another example of a child born into Rosewood, it was only destined that the two would meet to form the perfect friendship—at least that's how it looks. The pair had been known as the popular girls, then the pretty girls, then the mean girls and then all three. Yet, throughout all of that, some how, another four faces appeared in their close knit group and that formed the infamous six.

            And all of that time, plus a very questionable summer, lead to the group of five girls waiting in the barn of Spencer Hastings backyard whilst they waited for their 'so-called leader to arrive. The music was playing loudly and the five girls were giggling like usual teenagers while they sipped on slightly prohibited substances—stolen by no other than Hannah Marin—and gossiped about the mishaps of girls in their year.

"It's bad, huh?" Aria Montgomery grinned as she watched her friend's faces scrunch up into ones of distaste as they passed around the cup of alcohol, each trying as hard as possible to disguise the fowl taste.

Aria Montgomery was known as the creative one of the group. The pink highlights of her hair gave the impression that she was rebellious but she was quite the opposite. The word quirky suited her style. Most people would call it "gothic" but the people who made those comments were the jealous type. Aria was one of the four girls Alison had recruited for herself and Brooke to be friends with, but Brooke couldn't lie that she felt far closer and similar with Aria than the blonde herself.

Her twin brother Mike Montgomery, Despite being in most of their classes never seemed to be on the radar of the group—perhaps it was because they didn't want to upset Aria by the thought of getting with her brother (well some of them) or maybe he had just never caught their eye—but he certainly caught Brooke's eye, their relationship hidden right under the nose of everyone they cared about.

A loud crash of thunder and lightning could be heard from the outside of the barn, echoing against its tin walls. It was the final strike that the power could take before the lights and the music came to a halt and they were plunged into darkness and—apart from the weather and the creaking of the furniture—utter silence.