Twentieth

Lisa

We finally just graduated. I can't believe that we achieved another milestone.

The moment our head Dean announced to toss our Graduation Hats into the air, we roared in excitement. I have never been this proud of myself before. Even if I didn't graduate as an honor roll student, I am still beyond grateful for who I've become and what I reached at a young age.

"Congratulations my dear, we are so happy for you." as we came out of the auditorium, my Mom haven't stopped crying ever since, now she's holding onto my arm so tight, still shedding some tears of joy.

"Yeah Noona! Finally you can leave this hell like place!" Haruto exclaimed to lift up the mood but only received a smack in the head by our Dad.

"You and your retorts, Haruto. My dearest Princess, come here." I snickered at Haruto who was still rubbing the spot on his head, slowly slipping away from Mom who's still crying by the way. I went up to Dad and hugged him.

"This is the time where your new life will begin. And whatever your decision may be, always know that we will always support you on that."

After I went home from States, I immediately told Dad about everything I witnessed and experienced at Harvard. And his eyes lit up in delight knowing that I fell in love at first sight with the University and its accommodations. He then talked to me about finalizing my decisions and making up my mind because if I do the next step, there's no going back.

And yes, I already made up my mind.

It took me a while to finalize my decisions but.

I am leaving for good, I am going to continue my studies in the States.

"Thanks Dad, Mom and Haruto. I love you guys so much."

"Group hug!" Haruto grabbed Mom and Dad, squishing me in between the 3 of them. We all laughed happily, making this moment count.

While hugging them, I caught a glimpse of Jennie passing by together with her Mother.

Unfortunately, she didn't spare a single glance at me.

I really thought something good is going to happen when I'll confess, but I was so wrong.

The way she looked at me with disgust. Those look on her eyes makes me want to dig up a grave for myself and hide away.

She immediately went home after the incident, I wanted to scream, to shout, to cry until I shed no more tears.

But I can't.

Because I know this is my fault.

It is my mistake for falling in live with my bestfriend.

We never talked to each other ever since, even if when our friends would gather all of us around, she avoids me all the time. Making them wonder and ask me about it, I could only lie to them or either shrug my shoulders.

Speaking of my friends, they are now strutting their way towards me and my family.

I removed myself from their warmth, excusing myself to talk to them.

"Hey guys." I greeted them first, I thought they'll greet me with a fist bump or a high five. But they caught off guard with a big hug.

"We're gonna miss you." Seulgi uttered while burying herself on my chest, Jisoo hugging me by the side rubbing soothing circles on my back.

I informed them about my departure and decision about my future life in the US, and let me tell you this, they have been so supportive of me and never disagreed with my mindset.