Chapter One

Reminder

Before you begin reading, this fic is a bit confusing if you don't clearly understand what setting is it in. To make the long story short, the general description of this story is that it is set in a Royalty type of universe that is modern (meaning present-day/advanced technologies like phones, gadgets, etc.). It is inspired by the European Royalty, so expect that the castles will look like the typical castle we see today. Anyway, there will be a long narration of the details at the start of this chapter, so enjoy!

_________________________

When people hear the word "Royalty," the first thing they think of are the crowns, the giant velvet thrones, the golden castles, and the extremely posh accent that can't seem to be understood by a human. Royalty in the old days posed a significant stigma of what it was perceived to look like today.

However, in this generation, "Royalty" does not look like what people used to think of. Of course, as time passed by, technology has advanced into a new era. Society is forced to contort to the norms set with the new generations that led the land.

Gone were the quills used to write on papers, with the fancy cursive handwriting commonly used in the past centuries; instead, it was replaced with ballpoint pens with ink cartridges, and the writing wasn't a strict policy anymore.

Royalty has become the highest form of politics, as it also means governing the land and protecting its citizens from any harm.  This is why being a member of the royal family is one of the most difficult situations to be on, as you are always burdened with the responsibility to lead, be next to the throne, act your best behavior, and carefully learn all the skills needed as a royal member. The pressure of becoming a well-respected and well-treated royal member comes with the role.

Even though technology has evolved, the traditions have not changed. The Castles were also retained, as it was a tradition for a royal family to only live in those quarters.

In the Land of Asterin, there live two peaceful Kingdoms; The Kingdom of Helios and The Kingdom of Selene. Both have been in great connection since the dawn of time. Together, the lands prospered and became one of the most powerful lands in the world.

The Rojnapat Dynasty has led the Kingdom of Helios, a highly-regarded name of the royals, King Aroon and Queen Madee are currently on the throne. They have two children, Prince Arthit and Princess Namtarn, both compassionate for the people. However, Namtarn has never paid any interest in their politics, leaving Arthit the sole and most rightful heir to the throne.

The Suthilucks have been the only bloodline to rule in the Kingdom of Selene. King Krekkrai and Queen Apsara are the present ones on the throne, with their only son, Prince Kongpob who has been a very diligent prince and a charming one— as perceived by their citizens.

The families of both lands have always liked each other, always in contact and even spending dinners and picnics on occasion. It was a part of their tradition to incorporate the other kingdom to maintain a good relationship and protect the peace.

This arrangement seemed like a completely harmless situation, as everyone from both sides liked each other— wrong.

Two stubborn princes proved this on multiple occasions ever since they've met when they were kids.

Now, both in college, they still have a great disdain for each other, practically cursing at each other with snarky remarks and insults. Their families have always scolded them for being uncivilized as they did not usually behave like this when interacting with other people.

Kongpob is two years younger than Arthit, him being 24 years old, while Arthit is 26. They've both graduated from Political Science, mainly influenced by their familial ties. Kongpob genuinely had an interest in being on the throne; he wanted to be like his father and protect the citizens of Selene. He was loyal to his land even if it means maintaining peace between the kingdoms even though their prince was a hot-headed handsome idiot.