CHAPTER 1: MR. PROSPER 💸

I was sitting on the edge of the sofa while grabbing a flat pillow covered with a printed red floral. My eyes were glued and my ears were attached to the TV-series. But my mind was separated from my brain because it flew high like an eagle in the sky finding answers to my curiosity.

"Why did I was born into this world?"

"Why do my parents abhor me so much?"( Especially my mother)

"Why my parents should treat me as their slave?"

" Why I must go through embarrassment, suffering, and haters?

" Why did I have to be born into a family that despises me so much including my biological brothers and sisters?

" Why could my mother curse me, her own child?"

 These questions were kept rotating in my mind for almost 51 years.

"Sweetheart, sweetheart, sweetheart", yelled my wife.

"Yes".

"What are thinking about?"

"Nothing, just thinking about what to eat tomorrow"

"Ok" she replied

In short, there was nothing interesting to tell about my family and I am living a empty life. Here's a little bit about my great-grandfather. His name was  Mr. Prosper and he was born in India. His alias was Prosper Driver, and I'm not sure why they are calling him by that name. Maybe he was the driver of 4 wheel vehicle. He travelled all the way from India during British rule to look for a job. 

My great-grandpa worked for years in a rubber store a place where the rubber are stored after been tapping. He rose through the ranks as a result of his efforts and spends the money he earned to buy and raise cows. Not only that, my great-grandpa was also a well-known man.

Prosper started to live a wealthy life with the money he gained through his hardwork. It  was a commencing of him becoming a loan shark. If guys were wondering what's loan shark means, it's a loans offered by someone at exorbitant interest rates, plus it comes with some  strict terms of collection in the event of default.

This is how they oppress the poor to get a high profit. When they failed to pay on time their properties such as houses and lands will be taken away in force. People were living a hard life back then, and their salary was insufficient to even buy food, forcing them to take out a loan.

But, my great-grandpa was not like the inhumane loan sharks. He made low-interest loans to those in need. He lent money to anyone who asked, and as a result, he became famous and well-known.

"Look at the girl over there, she is pretty as a picture". 

When she starts walking towards me, my heart begins to pound. She is the most stunning woman I have ever seen.  How could a woman of such beauty be unmarried? Questions started to pop in mind.

To be continued.....

Authors note:

*Hope you guys enjoy reading our first chapter

*Don't cry yet

*Please do vote and leave your comments after reading