CHAPTER 2: BEGINNING OF THE ARGUMENT😤😖

"I hate you, dad; how could you do such a thing to us?"

Wrath began to pervade the legal firm's environment.

They all started arguing with  Kingston.

"Kingston, I believe it is time for you to quit your position as estate manager and take care of my property. Work on my land and help me because I don't have any workers," says Prosper.

Upon agreeing with his father opinions, Kingston quit his job to work on the farm with his father. Kingston worked on his father's farm while his brothers looked for work. Kingston was a hardworking man and dedicated to his job.

Kingston went on to have a very successful life as a result of that. As time passed and Prosper grew older, he decided to prepare his last will and testament. Prosper went to a legal firm 3.3 km from his home, met with the lawyer, and completed his final will and testament. Prosper passed away a few years later. There was also a myth that they discovered a large sum of money under his pillow. It's a myth, so I'm guessing it's not true. 🤔

After a few months, the lawyer asked his children to take possession of their portion of the property.

"Hello everyone. It's great to finally meet you. As you all have been informed earlier, I invited all of you to read your father's last will."

"Mr. Kingston received a little more than the rest of you because he helped Mr. Prosper, your deceased father, on his land."

"What, Prosper got more than we did?"

"How could this happen?" one of his brothers questioned.

When Kingston's siblings discovered that his father had given him an extra hectare, a fight erupted outside the legal firm.

"Father isn't being fair to us; he gave Kingston an extra hectare."

"We are his children as well," one of his brothers said.

Everyone returned home with a look of wrath and disappointment on their faces after the argument at the legal firm.

They met Kingston one fine day and pleaded, "Brother, please divide the land our father gave you equitably among us." We are also his children thus father should not act unjustly."

After some deliberation, "Hmm, okay, I'll split it up among you, said Kingston.

He returned home after the discussion and informed his wife, Mrs. Valeria, that he wishes to split the land that his father had given him with his brothers. His wife becomes enraged, and her rage spills over into her mind.

"Hello, Mr. Kingston, your father gave you an extra 1 hectare because you worked for him in the land and were very helpful to him." To, pay you the reciprocation he gave you, explain me why you should divide your property with your brothers."

"But I don't want to fight or argue with them since they are my brothers,"

"You listen to what I say and follow my commands. It's pointless for you to share the hectare with your brothers because you're the one who helped your father the most on the farm. Your brothers have more than plenty, so don't even think of sharing a hectare with them."

My mother was rude to my father and said things he didn't like. He was deeply saddened and dismayed by his wife's behavior. He went to see his brothers the next day.

When money dominates or controls a person's life, they will go to any length to destroy their relationship with their siblings. That's exactly what my mother did.

"Brothers I am unable to divide the land that my father gave me because he gave me an additional 1 hectare as a result of my extensive work for him and helping with land work. He gave me the land since he noticed my suffering and hard labor. There's no reason for me to divide it amongst you. You have more than enough as well ". This is a decision I have made.

"Let's file a lawsuit against him and prosecute him. He didn't keep his words to himself "one of his brothers grumbled.

"Your deceased father's last will and testament said that he wanted the property divided these ways. We can investigate your case if your deceased father did not write property for you. But we can't help with this because it was your deceased father wishes and no amendments can be made," the lawyer explained.

His brothers were becoming increasingly irritated with him. Time passed, and everyone went along with their business, never speaking to or meeting my father until the day he....

Authors note:

*Hope you guys enjoy reading the second chapter

*Don't cry yet

*Please do vote and leave your comments after reading

*More on the cruelty of a mom is coming ( true event/story)