o. prologue

The Kimura twins weren't necessarily bad  people

The Kimura twins weren't necessarily bad  people. They were just extremely bored, and it was a well-renowned fact that boredom caused the siblings to make very stupid choices. And this was one of them.

"I want to play a game," Hayami smirked, twiddling with the pendant that hung loosely around her neck.

"What game?" Hajime sighed, not looking up from the novel he was reading.

"The trade game!" Hayami's smirk turned into a full-blown grin, though there seemed to be a more manic twist to it, Hajime wondered if she had finally gone unhinged, not that he could blame (or judge) her.

Hajime sighed at the mention of the old childish game they had come up with when they were younger. Once their quirks had developed, the mischievous twins had made it their only goal to give their parents heart attacks by traveling dimensions only to reappear back in their home's kitchen. Doing this for years, they realized when they travel, they could bring and take things with them. Thus, creating the infamous trade game. They would trade one thing from their own world for something otherworldly.

Noticing the hesitant look on her brother's face, Hayami waved her arms wildly, "Wait! Before you disagree!" Hayami plopped down beside her brother, eyes wide in excitement, "I want to try out humans now!"

Hajime looked up from his book, blinked, looked over at his sister, blinked, then looked back down at his book with a scoff. "So, you have officially lost it?"

"I am being serious, Hajime!" Hayami whined, pouting and crossing her arms like a child. "We used to bring bugs and animals from other places, why can't we do the same to just... slightly more intelligent and evolved animals?"

"Because kidnapping someone seems quite problematic."

Hayami rolled her eyes stomping her foot, "No one would know!"

"We are supposed to be laying low, Hayami, bringing someone here who doesn't belong here could bring unwanted attention."

That seemed to shut Hayami up. They had been laying low for a while, anyone who previously knew them could even say they had decided to vanish from this world once and for all, they were only barely surviving on their own because of the unknown people Hajime has been working in cahoots with, (people he refused to tell Hayami about).

"Still, no one would have to know. We could keep them here," She motioned at the small apartment they had been living in, "I just want to see what'll happen, you can think of it as an experiment if you'd like." Still, Hajime's face stayed stoic, refusing to agree with his sister, "You're so boring! Do you have any idea how terrible only ever being to talk to you is! It makes me feel like I'm going insane!" Hayami practically cried as she pulled at the roots of her hair.

"Ah, so that explains it."

Ignoring her brother's smart comment, Hayami continued complaining, opting to annoy him into agreeing with her, "You won't even let me use my quirk anymore! Honestly, who do you think you are? I am a grown woman! In fact, I am a whole twenty minutes older than you! I guess one could say you have always been stubborn!" Hayami continued spewing nonsense, "In fact, I think I am going to do it with or without you!"

"It could disrupt the timeline."

"I don't care! What has the timeline ever done for us?"

Hajime sighed, though it wasn't one of annoyance, it was one of amusement. He put his book down and let his own freaky smile make its way onto his face, "Fine. We could play. But I'd like to change the game a bit."