Chapter 2

"Hey." My best friend smiles down at me. "You excited for the bonfire party?"

Hell no I'm not. I hate parties, Kyle knows this but he promised me that we could leave as soon as a I want to.

"What do you think?" I roll my eyes at him, as he chuckles.

"It's not going to be that bad, we can leave whenever you want."

"Okay."

"Plus Cameron will be there as well." He says with a smirk as I swat his arm.

That's what I've been worrying about most. I've been freaking out over that for the past week.

"Anyways, what have you got first period?"

"English literature."

"Oh dear."

I was thinking the exact same thing. None of my English Lit classes have gone well so far since he joined my class.

When I walked into class that day, I wasn't expecting to see him sitting in the empty chair next to mine. I nearly left there and then. Whenever I'm in class with him, I can feel his eyes burning into the side of my head. And it's all lesson, every lesson. And it's annoying. But intriguing. I always find myself trying to guess what he's thinking about. 'Probably how much he hates you.' My subconscious mocks me. But then why does he always try and talk to me and make eye contact with me. I don't know. I wish I did but I can't bring myself to ask because every time I do ask, it always backfired on me somehow. And it's frustrating because all I want to know is why. Why does he want to talk to me? Why does he stare at me the way he does? Why does he always cause a fight when I talk to him? And most importantly, why can't I shake him from my head? And does he think about me the way I do him? 

I don't know, but every day is an adventure of emotions with this brooding, handsome man. 

And I welcome it. No matter the consequences.