Chapter 4

And just as I'd hoped, the night went better than expected. Finally something good has happened.

Cam was more gentlemanly than I had expected I have to admit.

We went to a cute, quiet little bar  in downtown Santa Monica, around half an hour from my house. Cameron offered to pick me up at my house at 7 and he did as he said.

Before leaving, I spent an hour trying to decide what to wear. I didn't know whether to wear something casual or something formal so I decided on a midnight blue silk dress which reached halfway down my thighs. It was quite a tight dress but not too tight that you would see my food belly after dinner. I paired it with simple black high heels which I'd never worn before. As I put them on, I realised why as I struggled to walk in them. It took me a little while trying to get used to them, because I don't want to embarrass myself as that would be a little awkward.

When Cam came to pick me up, he knocked on the door whilst I was just finishing my makeup. I chose to go natural with a black winged eyeliner, a little concealer and a clear lip gloss. Not too much, but still different to my usual lip balm and mascara that I wear daily.

As I walked down the stairs, I saw my father standing next to Cam. My eyes go straight to him whose jaw was pretty much on the floor. I can't help but blush and giggle at the two men standing, and staring at me.

I have to admit, Cam looked better in a suit than I had been picturing since I agreed to go with him. He was wearing, a simple white shirt with with the top two buttons undone showing a little of his chest. He had a pair of plain black pants on with his usual black combat boots which I had grown to love over the past couple of weeks.

I start to make my way towards Cameron who was still standing in the doorway, when I realise neither of us have moved. 

And the rest of the night was perfect. Better than I could have ever imagined my first date would be.

We both ordered steaks for our mains and a strawberry sundae to share for dessert. The food was amazing. Cam then dropped me off at my house at 9:30 and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.