Jerimiyah

Jerimiyah

McKayla / 6

It's been four weeks since I adopted McKayla and she's fitting in really well. She doesn't cry much only when she's sick, scared or just not in the mood. Sometimes she wakes up crying from nightmares as well.

I had a surprise for McKayla, it was in a box which was wrapped in gold wrapping paper and a red ribbon. It wasn't much, just one item but McKayla talked about it a lot recently and drew it quite a few times so I decided it was perfect for her.

I stalked down the stairs to see her on the countertop with a pen and paper.

"Hey baby what you drawing?" She looked up at me and shook her head

"It's a secret" she put her hand to her mouth and shooed me off.

I chuckled walking away to the sofa but right as I was about to sit, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and behind it stood 4 boys, dressed in all black. I gaped at them wondering why they were dressed like that.

"Come on man, tell you haven't forgotten about today" Liam stepped towards first and walked in.

"Whatttt no of course not I just didn't remember the time"

I forgot

"Really? What did you have for breakfast?" Harry asked standing by the fridge.

"Eggs and toast" I replied shortly

"So you went in the fridge yes?" I nodded feeling as if I was Mr Birling and Inspector Goole was getting all up in my feels.

"And did you not notice the sticky note that says d r u g g y b i t c h needs to pay?"

He spelt it out so McKayla, who was sat on the countertop still drawing, didn't know what he was on about.

"And then underneath it 15:00 which just so happens to be in 3 minutes."

Hold the fuck up

Why are they telling me I'm late when it's my gang?

"We can be late who cares" I tel them shrugging my shoulders.

"Maybe the fact that he has to catch a plane with a one way ticket meaning he won't be coming back anytime soon. And that plane leaves at 6 and we know he'll be leaving at 4 so 3 is the best time?"

Oh yeah, shit

"Right then why the f u c k are you still stood there and not getting changed?" Louis pipes up behind me, still being aware of the fact there's a six year old.

I run upstairs and change into my black clothes but as I'm coming down I run into a dilemma, I don't have a babysitter.

The doorbell rings again and Zayn opens it. Behind it is stood Dieme. He has a happy meal and sweets.

"Heard you needed a babysitter, here I am" he declares skipping into the room.

He's the type you would be scared shitless of but if he likes you then he's a teddy bear.

He's very loveable?

"H- how" I ask not remembering calling him. Hell I didn't even remember I had a job today.

"The boys called" he answers shortly and goes back to helping McKayla colour in whatever she was colouring in.

I nodded and grabbed all the stuff we needed from the spare room which was always locked.

And off we went to deal with this druggy bitch.

* * *

After we dealt with him me, the boys and McKayla were sat at the dinner table eating chicken and chips. Dieme stayed claiming this could be our way of us paying him after McKayla used him as paper and painted on him. I mean he was wearing white. Luckily it was washable.

After dinner Dieme left and it was just the boys and us. They were watching a movie while I brought McKayla to my bedroom.

I pulled the present out from under the bed and told her to close her eyes.

I sat it in her lap and moved her hands from her face. She stared down at it then looked up a me, a smile etched on her face.

"What's this?" She asked staring at it as if something were to jump out at her.

"A gift for you baby, open it" I pushed it closer and she picked it up. She shook it trying to hear what it is but it made no noise.

"Is it empty?" She asked frowning.

"No just open it and you'll see" she shrugged and started pulling at the ribbon carefully.

When the ribbon was off she started on the wrapping paper. The box soon came into view and she started ripping faster.

She threw the paper beside her on the bed and started opening the box. As soon as it was open her eyes lit up and a smile was etched from ear to ear.

Inside was a blue and purple giraffe.

"JERIMIYAH!" She squealed taking it out and hugging it.

"Do you like it baby?" I asked sitting next to her.

"Like it? I love it! Thank you so much daddy" she wrapped her tiny arms around my waist jumping in my lap.

"Your welcome baby take good care of Jerimiyah yeah?" She nodded and started talking to the giraffe.

I heard coos behind me, I turned around to see the boys with a camera.

"You two are so cute" Zayn gushed.

"Come on baby bed time" she stood up and took my hand while I led her to her bedroom.

She tucked Jerimiyah in and walked into the bathroom. After doing everything she hopped in the bed and lay down. I tucked her in and gave her a kiss. She turned and gave Jerimiyah a kiss then gave me a kiss.

"I love you to the end of the galaxy"

"I love you to the end of the galaxy and back" 

Heyyyy guess who's back back again

Where are you all from I see some people from India are reading which is cool