Chapter 1

I had just finished with yet another meeting. My schedule was really hectic and I could afford no distractions. My next meeting was in 15 minutes so I had a bit of free time. I was chilling in the main entrance as that was where my next was going to meet me anyway. 

Just imagine he's sat here 👇👇or something like this - ignore the NAWAAB

After about 10 minutes of slow sipping my hot coffee the spinny doors turned [?]

I looked up expecting to see my client when a little girl ran in. She ran at quite a fast pace. She ran over and clung to my legs, shaking and sobbing. She looked around 4/5. I put my coffee down shocked, still staring at the little girl wrapped around my limb.

I leaned down to pick her up and try to soothe the shaken up girl. I put my hands under her armpit and pulled her up, everyone else's eyes still trained on us.  

I sat her in my lap while she wrapped her arms around my neck still weeping. I moved my head down to take a look at her face pushing her chocolate brown hair away from her face. She moved her head further down. Pushing it up with my fingers so it came into view, several gasps were heard around us as the battered face came into view. black and blue eye, slowly turning purple and green. Cuts travelling from her face to her neck. 

The other doors, the ones that didn't spin, were pushed open and another little girl came running in looking around frantically as if looking for something. Her eyes landed on me then on the girl in my arms. A look of relief passed through her eyes, then fear. Her face was similar to the girl in my arms', but worse. Her clothes, ripped. 

She started running towards us when she fell to her knees, eyes rolling to the back of her neck. A few of my employees ran towards her aiding her. They informed me they were taking her to the hospital. 

I brought my attention back to the fragile girl in my arms. I started bouncing the leg she was sat on to soothe her crying. She hadn't noticed the commotion with the other girl. She quietened down after awhile. She looked up at me with big blue eyes, the type that anyone could melt under.

 But not me. 

She reminded me of... You know what never mind.

I can't think of her, not now. It'll bring too much pain. 

She opened her mouth to speak but closed it and looked into my eyes, as if to find trust. 

"What's your name?"

She hesitated before answering "McKayla"

"That's a nice name" I smiled softly her actions mirroring mine.

She started whimpering when a man walked in. I recognised him as my client, the one who had a meeting. As soon as her eyes landed on him she immediately dug her face in my chest and started crying again. She gripped onto me as if someone were to take her away. 

The ambulance had come along with the police. Took them long enough. I glanced over to the girl that lay on the sofa, still unconscious. 

Mr Hamilton, my client, walked over to us. McKayla just dug her face into my chest and cried even louder, attracting more attention. 

"One second" I mumbled to the man standing up with McKayla in my arms. She wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck as her face made its way back to my chest. 

I walked to the lift and went up to my office, the 25th floor. While in the lift I bounced up and down slightly to try soothe the upset child in my arms.

Funny how I didn't even know her at all and yet here I am.

Me, Niall Horan, the well known business man....

                                                                And the most feared gang leader

———————

Here it is. The first chapter. It's not great but hey, I suck at writing.

It's not very long and I apologise

Hopefully I write longer ones

Till next time...

- Innaya xx