Chapter 17 : Council Of Elrond

Start of recap...

"Legolas your here!" she exclaimed gripping legolas' neck tightly Legolas hugged her back just as tight.

"yes here I am Elfling" he said, they hugged for a Fe wmore minutes before letting go. Calen then turned and saw who came with legolas is was Feren.

"Fere! You came you" said the younger Elf to the brown haired one, Feren smiled at her as he got a hug from her as well.

"of course I did Calen I wouldn't give euo the chance to see you again" he muttered.

Soon she began chatting with both Elfs about what has happened since she last saw them both when she visited Mirkwood.

As they spoke time flew by before they knew it, it was time for bed, Calen waved good bye to Legolas, Fere nans Lindir before walking to her room.

Once she got there she undressed and got into her night clothes, brushed her hair and fell into a easy sleep.

End of recap...

The next day...

Third person pov.

Following morning, the Council of Elrond. Gandalf, Calen and Frodo along with a group of Men, Elves and Dwarves sit in a circle around a stone pedestal

Elrond: Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate–this one doom. (gestures to the pedestal) Bring forth the Ring, Frodo.

Frodo rises slowly and places the Ring on the pedestal. He returns to his seat with a sigh.

The council members start to whisper among themselves

Boromir: So it is true…

Man: (whispers) The Doom of Men

Boromir: (standing up slowly, with each word stepping closer to the Ring) In a dream, I saw the Eastern side grow dark but in the West a pale light lingered. A voice was crying: ‘Your doom is near at hand. Isildur’s Bane is found.

Boromir reaches for the Ring. Gandalf and Elrond exchange nervous glances, as Calen looked at the man while holding the hilt of her dagger.

She had been force to take of her bow after it being threatened to be broken and knowone touches her bow.

Elrond: (warningly, jumping up) Boromir!

Gandalf: (rising, shouting) Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul. *One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and, in the darkness, bind them*

As he shouts, the sky grows dark and those present at the Council wince as if in pain.

Calen along with her father both cover their heads with their hands as Gandalf spoke.

Boromir has sat down, the sky has lost the darkness, and Elrond has taken his head from out of his hands

Elrond: Never before has any voice uttered the words of the tongue here in Imladris.