𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃

ATLANTA, GEORGIA
November 24, 2002

ONE MONTH LATER

"The jury has reached a verdict." The judge spoke.

The crew was now back in Atlanta. Blaze started therapy with Nicholas, taking it one day at a time and hoping for some progressive results by the New Year. Kiara was there every step of the way while earning full support from Chris and Shawnna.

Natasha was still upset about everything that had happened and was actually dealing with PTSD from the whole experience. She really liked Quincy and she beat herself up everyday since the shooting, telling herself that if they never met he would still be here. She tried reaching out to his mother through Sasha to apologize for everything, but she wanted absolutely nothing to do with Natasha or her friends.

After Silk was released from the hospital back in Cali, he and Jaylen had gone in for questioning about that night. It was revealed to Silk that he killed Xavier when he shot him. The boys were also questioned about the guns they had and where they got so much money from.

They decided to leave Chris and Nicholas' names out of their participation in the shooting, not wanting drag them down with them.

Since they were not residents of California, the authorities had their case sent over back to Atlanta and a full out investigation was done on the boys.

"Jaylen Knight." The judge looked over at Jaylen before reading off the paper in front of her. "On a count of multiple gun charges, drug charges, and illegal street race charges. You are found guilty and are sentenced to 5 years."

"Anthony Taylor. On a count of multiple gun charges, theft and drug charges, illegal street race charges, and the murder of Xavier Benjamin - resident of Los Angeles, California - you are found guilty. However, in the case of the killing of Mr. Benjamin, it has been ruled as self defence for both you and Quincy Brown. Cutting your sentence down to 10 years. Does anyone have any final statements or questions?"

Jaylen quickly whispered a few words in his lawyer's ear as the judge was finishing up her last words. "Yes, your honour." The lawyer announced.

"Go ahead."

"My client would like to add two and a half more years to his assigned sentence, your honour."

Silk shot a look over to Jaylen, mouthing 'what the fuck' to him.

"And what is the reason behind this?" The judge questioned.

"To cut down Mr. Taylor's sentence, your honour. My client would like to even it out for the both of them."

The judge raised an eyebrow, glancing back and forth between Silk and Jaylen. Silk held a shocked expression while Jaylen stood there with a straight face, waiting for a response.

The judge whispered something to one of her colleagues before nodding and writing something down on a piece of paper provided to her.

"Alright." She put her pen down and clasped her hands together in front of her. "Seven and a half years for both gentlemen. No parole. You will both do your time all the way through. Court dismissed." The judge slammed her gavel down and got up from her seat.

"Jaylen!" Aryah, who was seated with Jamie behind the boys, quickly called out for him. He turned around and rushed over to her before being handcuffed.

"Jay, you sure about this?" Aryah asked worriedly.

Jaylen smirked and nodded. "Come here." He licked his lips as she leaned over the stand to give him a kiss. "I'll be fine, don't worry."

"Okay." Aryah gave him a faint smile as she watched the officers come over to him, placing the handcuffs on his wrists.

"I love you, aight?" Jaylen said, causing Aryah's heart to flutter during this bittersweet moment.

"I love you too." She responded and the officer took him away.

Jamie hurriedly made her way over to Silk's side of the room, hugging him and sneaking in a few kisses before an officer handcuffed him. "I love you, shorty. Make sure you take care of yourself."

"I will. I love you more, baby. I'll see you soon." Jamie replied as Silk was being dragged away.

Once the boys swapped their clothes out for jumpsuits and were settled on the bus that was headed to the facility, Silk smacked his lips and glared at Jaylen who was staring out the window. "Man why the fuck did you do that shit? You ain't had to do all that, Jay. I can handle ten years."

"I know you can." Jaylen snickered. "But who gon' be there to save yo' stupid ass when yo' mouth gets you in trouble during those years when I'm free?"

Silk shook his head and chuckled, knowing that his mouth was the exact reason why they were in this position in the first place. He was grateful to have a friend, a brother, like Jaylen. Always loyal no matter how crazy shit would get, and always there to let him know when he was wrong.

Jaylen held out his hand, dapping it with Silk's. "We got this man, we good."

A week that was supposed to be a getaway from their stressful lives had turned into the worst week they had ever lived. Jamie and Kiara got the experience of a lifetime being apart of an opportunity that alot of girls would die for. But they would do anything to go back in time and decline the offers.

Life comes at you fast. Anything could happen at any given moment when you least expect it. Unfortunately for the crew, they had to learn the hard way that fighting, petty arguments and drama, money and power, ego and pride, should've been the least of their worries.

And now?

Well now, life just goes on...

Without a single fuck in the world to give.

The Trip
- the end -

˜"*°•. ✿ .•°*"˜

.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏 || 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟎𝐬 ' 🎉