2 Days Left

You're startled awake when you hear a communicator beeping loudly. Rex groggily reaches for towards his blacks on the floor looking for the pocket that stores the communicator. Once he finds the pocket you realize it's the holo-communicator, Rex instinctively answers it. You duck away from Rex and that's when he realized what he's done. 

"Uh, good morning General Skywalker! What seems to be going on this early in the morning?" Rex asks trying not to sound nervous. 

You reposition yourself at the end of the cot still underneath the blankets. You watch Rex intently as he takes the call not wanting him to disclose anything suspicious to Skywalker.

"Good morning Captain! This would be regarding your rescue, you still want one don't you?" Anakin jokes not realizing you two slept together last night. Rex swallows dryly looking at you and then replies "Oh, uh, yes of course! Uh, when would that be happening now?" Anakin's face squints suspiciously at Rex and then continues "Should be there sometime midday today. So please be fully dressed by the time they get there." Anakin finishes his reply with a wink. Then the holo-video feed is interrupted as Shaak Ti appears in the feed looking suspiciously at Rex.

"Next time please do not appear indecently in front of my padawan Captain!" Shaak Ti chastises Rex and you hear Anakin laugh in the background. Your face turns red at your master's statement while thinking, she'll kill him if she found out what happened. 

Shaak Ti leaves the video feed and Skywalker is the only one that's left, you see his eyes follow someone and then he turns his gaze back at Rex.

"I don't know when, but you better have a plan for when Master Shaak Ti finds out Rex." Anakin states seriously. "I-I don't know what you mean sir," the trooper replies clearly distressed. Skywalker winks and then says loudly "and Padawan (l/n), you better keep your mind quiet as a mouse around your master! Skywalker out." The feed cuts out immediately and Rex looks clearly concerned. 

"At least Master doesn't know?" you say nervously. Rex sighs and breathlessly says "yeah, but for how long?" 

"We should get dressed and ready for departure," you say trying to avoid thinking about the consequences your master may inflict.

Rex immediately gets dressed and you follow suit. You then both sit side by side on the cot silence filling the air within the sleeping quarters. Both of you downcast your gaze avoiding each other in a sense. Rex gazes over you and then returns his stare to the floor almost as if he was going to say something and then he decided not to. 

Then he broke the silence anyway "uh, we still have some time to play a round of cards before our rescue team gets here, if you want?" You nod your head and then the captain shuffles and deals the cards. 

The game was mostly silent except for the small quips from Rex when he had a good hand. You however could not stop thinking about what was going to happen when you got back. Your nerves were getting the best of you. 

"Alright, what's bothering you?" Rex asks genuinely concerned and setting his cards down. You set your cards down while biting the inside of your cheek debating about telling him or not. "I'm just worried about Shaak Ti will do when she finds out that's all," you share with him. He looks at you and asks "do you regret what happened?" You immediately shake your head no and say "no not at all and I would definitely do it again, but it makes me kind of question what I want to do with my life. Which I guess is why I'm nervous." Rex looks at you longingly and replies "Yeah me too actually. I've never thought of being more than a soldier, but now... I know I can't leave my brothers though, so honestly I shouldn't think about doing anything else."

"I get that too, I owe my life to the Jedi order, but I also have my own passions and dreams. Is it worth leaving everything to do what I want? Or do I stay with the Jedi serving them?" you were talking to Rex but it was more so aimed at yourself. 

Both of you hear the sounds of a ship approaching. "If I had to guess I bet that's our rescue party," Rex states getting up and walking to the ladder to the cockpit to get a better view. "Yeah I bet it is," you reply slightly dejected. The noises of the ship get louder and then Rex comes back down the ladder. "I turned off the emergency beacon since our ride is here. Are you ready?" the captain tells you. You give him a small nod.

The hatch opens with a small hiss and you follow Rex outside into the blistering cold. You both board the ship and were handed heavy blankets once on board. The storm troopers escort you to an area to rest and gave you both hot soup to help warm you up. Then with a slight jerk the ship blasts off into hyperspace, destination: the jedi temple.