001

***

"Yuki...Yuki Soma..." I said while waking up this sleeping bum on this desk. While waking up Yuki, I shall introduce myself.

Hello, I'm (Y/N) Soma. I'm not very much part of the main family, yet I do serve them. Quite the audacity to be an assistant to this pretty boy. Although, it was never a choice for me.

I had to work for the main family because...his past. I think I've worked for them for almost...seven years? Nothing has ever happened between us. But then, people expect us to be in a relationship.

"Agh..." Yuki's eyes fluttered open then looked around. "Ah, (Y/N). You must be waiting for too long. Shall we go?"

"Yes, sir−" before he could open his mouth, my body collapsed and everything turned dark.

---

My eyes rolled open and found myself kneeling before..."K-Kami-sama?"

"Ah. You're awake, human," he said in a gentle voice. "I sincerely apologize for interrupting you recently. But then I ask, if you were a zodiac, what would you be?"

"A..." my mouth instantly mumbled something I could hardly hear.

He chuckled and then replied, "Very well. Rest, young one, you need all the energy by the time you wake."

---

((Yuki's POV))

"How is she, Yuki-kun?" Shigure shut the door behind him and adjusted an ice pillow behind her head.

"She's doing fine, Shigure−" something exploded behind me.

"But she's not a−"

She started to gasp for air as soon as my vision became clearer. Something groaned from her pile of clothes, then a white, nine-tailed fox emerged from it.

"Eh? I'm a...!" she yelped in shock and looked around at her small figure.

"What? You're not even part of the main family," I picked her up, but I transformed into a mouse.

"Huh? I'm not supposed to change despite you being a new zodiac member..." I sighed and sweatdropped.

"I believe it's because of that," (Y/N) said. "You two, get out before I transfer back into my normal look."

"Yes, ma'am!" Shigure picked up my clothes and my small figure then shut the door.

---

(((Y/N)'s POV))

"Oh? Tohru-kun will cook today? That's fine by me," I told Yuki. He stopped by the door and looked at me.

"Is something the matter, Yuki?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing. Nothing, at all. You should be downstairs a little bit later," Yuki latched the door behind him.

'Oh. That's odd.'

I chuckled and stood up. 'I haven't felt this happen before, heh.'  

I went down along with the others and ate peacefully at the table. Or maybe not...

***