𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝙸

--

Once the bell rang for lunch, Xiao practically sprinted to the lunchroom. He had been waiting all day to hear what Xingqiu had to say and finally, it was time! He sat in his usual spot, next to Zhongli, waiting anxiously for the Xingqiu to arrive. As Zhongli took a bite of his meal he turned his attention to Xiao
"You look... Anxious? Are you okay?
"Oh yeah I'm just waiting for Xingqiu..."
"Oh? I believe he's finishing a test in Ms. Jean's classroom. He should be here soon."
"Hey, kid why are even you waiting for him? You two like barely talk"

Childe, who was sitting across from Zhongli, chimed in as he took a sip of his drink. He and Zhongli had been dating for a little while and he would typically hang around him all day. He was a part of a group of 'borderline-jerks-who-just-get-away-with-stuff-because-of-pretty-privilege' that called themselves the Fatui. To be quite honest, not many people liked the Fatui but no one dared stand up to them. -Signora was quite fast to react when in an argument Venti and ended up beating him up-
But away from his group though, Childe was not nearly as intimidating as he would come across when with the whole group... He was just a typical douchebag (AHSYFASGH iM SORRY CHILDE SLANDER </3)

"Not a kid. And we actually talk more than you think... It's just- this is... important."
"Do I know about this?" Zhongli took a sip of his water before leaning his head on his hand
"No- well... No- I don't know... I've never said it.."
"Ah the kids in lo-"
"Ohhh Xiao~ I've arrived!" Xingqiu quickly interrupted, sitting on the other side of him, gesturing Chongyun to sit across from him. Xiao quickly turned to him, neglecting his lunch.
"Well? Get to it."
"Ah yes, the plan. So we all know you've got a crush on-"
Everyone at the table turned to look at Xiao, their muttering interrupting Xingqiu, much to the annoyance of Xiao. Suddenly, Someone from the table behind them turned around, welcoming himself into the conversation.
"Hate to eavesdrop but I heard stuff about crushes over hereeee. Two things, 1. for anything love, Venti's your guy... He helped me a lot soo he could definitely help you as well. 2. we can all hear you."
Xingqiu laughed, taking a bite of his lunch before turning around to face the guy.
"Ahhh yes yes of course. Didn't he help you out when trying to confess to Albedo? They say his methods are most effective!"
The guy was Kaeya. He was in Zhonglis class and apparently he was one of those jock popular boys. He was dating one of the boys from his science class, Albedo. -who was sitting next to him- Their whole love story was well known across all the school since Kaeya practically told everyone he encountered,,
" They definitely are... Hey if you let me in on this whole secret I can tell you all about how he helped me"
"Xingqiu I don't think we should get more people in-"
"How about I make a group chat later so we can discuss this in further detail"

Xiao sighed, gently laying his head on the table. He was definitely not hearing any plan anytime soon and now people from other classes were getting involved... "Sure..."

Throughout the rest of the day, all his friends kept bombarding him with questions about Xingqiu's unfinished sentence. They all tried to guess who he liked but Xiao refused to tell. He knew that he'd get teased and he wasn't in the mood. He had gotten himself into enough already with Xingqiu... he really didn't need anything else.

--

The day went by slowly from there, perhaps it was due to Xiao's stress over the situation. He had never thought to act on his feelings for Venti but it was quite clear that whatever Xingqiu's plan was, it would involve more talking than he wanted.. It's not that Xiao didn't want to talk to Venti -  to the contrary! -  but he was just afraid he wouldn't be able to find the correct words or say something stupid and scare him away..