𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚅

--

The rest of the day went by slowly, nothing else interesting happened. At lunch, their table would not shut up about Venti and Xiao just decided to sneak out and eat lunch somewhere else. Now that he had gotten himself into this mess, he figured he'd be hearing a lot about him...

Once the final bell rang Xiao slowly got up, making his way to Diluc's classroom to go to detention.
"Glad to see you here Xiao. Take a seat."
Xiao looked around the classroom, Xingqiu and Chongyun were sitting next to each other at their normal spots and Xiao was not about to put up with them for another half hour. He took his things and sat in the opposite corner.
"Great. Now we're only waiting for one more person."
"One more person? Who?"
"From Jean's class. Were talking too much or something, not sure wasn't listening. Either way, they'll be joining us since Jean has important business to take care of"
From Jeans Class? All three of them knew who was in that class... but mAYbe ItS NoT HIm! MayBe iTs JuSt uh.... AMBER! SHE TALKS A LOT RIGHT?? OR- OR... OR UH XINYAN! SHEs ALsO lOUd! Or XianGLInG? wait no she got food poisoning and hasn't been at school for a week... UH MAYBE ITS-
"Yoho! I'm hereeee~"
"Welcome, Venti. Take a seat."
OF COURSE IT WAS VENTIIIIII. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK NOW HES GONNA HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THE TEASING AUAF AND DILUC NEWAHSDA
Diluc smiled, looking over at Xiao. He looked pissed. Of course, Diluc knew it was going to be Venti... Venti didn't notice it and looked over at the empty seat next to Xiao, walking over to it and sitting down.
"Hey! Didn't expect to see you here"
"Yeah, I.. Didn't expect to see you either..."
"Oh! you don't mind if I sit here right?"
Xiao shook his head, peeking over to see Xingqiu and Chongyun smiling at them making little hearts and teasing him quietly. He sighed and looked up at Diluc who was pretending to be oblivious.
"Well, gentlemen, I have to finish a few things so you may work on homework or anything of that sort and reflect on your actions. There's only one rule while I'm on detention duty; don't mess with me, I won't mess with you... Small chatter is fine, but don't be loud. I am not interested in hearing about your personal life. Understood?"
"Yes sir!"
Everyone else nodded, Xingqiu pulling out a book and Chongyun resting his head on his shoulder, watching him read. Xiao sat there for a moment contemplating what to work on.. Beside him, Venti pulled out a math sheet and began working on it, clearly struggling a bit. 
Xiao just stared at him for a little while before just blurting something out- 
"dₒ yₒᵤ... ₙₑₑd ₕₑₗₚ?"
"Huh? sorry.. Didn't catch that."
"I uh.. I asked if you needed help.."
"Oh! please.. I don't understand the math at all.."
"mm.. let me see."
Xiao moved the sheet a bit closer to him, analyzing the questions. To the surprise of some, Xiao was actually a really academically good student. He didn't usually have much to do when he got home or anyone to talk to so he just spent his time studying.. The math on the page was nothing too hard for him so he just pulled out his notebook, flipping to an empty page and beginning to explain the equations to Venti. As they worked through them, Venti moved closer to Xiao leaving them almost shoulder to shoulder.. Venti seemed comfortable with it and Xiao didn't bother complaining, despite internally screaming.

They stayed like this for a little while, and as Venti continued to work on the sheet Xiao would look up at Diluc who would just stifle a laugh.. Every time Venti finished a question, he would check it with Xiao's own sheet, child-like excitement filling him whenever he got a question right, causing Xiao to smile to himself.. God, he's adorable.
"so for the last question... the answer would be...32?"
"Yep. Good job"
"Yes! Xiao, you're a lifesaver... Thank you so much. Hey, how about we make a deal~ I'll give you advice if you tutor me in math!"
"hm.. Yeah alright. Works for me" 
Xiao kinda just answered without even thinking... He hadn't processed what he had said.. and that it'd mean they hang out more often but once he heard Xingqius chuckle he understood that he was about to receive a lot more teasing...
"Great! You have my number I'll text you so we can plan more"
"Won't you look at that- Time flies. You all may go home now."
"Oh okay! I need to go get some stuff so I should probably get going now.. Bye guys! See you tomorrow morning, Xiao~ "
Venti took his things and left, waving as he walked out the door. Xiao put his head down on the table, preparing himself for the teasing from his friends.
"AHA! A Date! You two are progressing faster than I would've ever expected. Xiao, you're a natural at love I might just vote for you guys for the 'most-likely-to-date' poll.."
"Xingqiu you better shut up."
"Oh cmonnn you know I'm just teasing... You guys are cute together tho!"
"AHemm.. If you want to talk you're free to do so.. outside of my classroom. I have other things to attend to"
"Oh.. Yeah sorry, sir. Text ya later Xiao! let's gooo"
Xingqiu gestured for Chongyun and he quickly followed behind, waving as they left the room. Xiao sighed and began getting all his stuff together
"Oh, Lisa took your sister to your house."
"Oh ok thank you."
"mhm... Oh and good luck with the 'bard' boy"
Xiao looked at him, unimpressed and Diluc laughed before going back to his desk and gesturing for him to leave. 

--

Xiao walked home, his mind always wandering off to the bard no matter what he tried to think about... He was so sweet.. and the way he would get excited when answering a question right was so cute. If he didn't like Venti before he certainly did now.. He was looking forward to their hangouts. 

-- - Xiao's moral support -  --

Today 4:52 pm

Xingqiu: GUYS GUYS GUYS 
THEYRE GOING ON DATES NOW

Childe: What? Didn't we like just establish that he liked him

Xiao: WOAH. WE ARE NOT GOING ON DATES

Xingqiu: Oh really? Well then what about the whole tutoring thingg

Xiao: THATS NOT A DATE ASSHOLE

Zhongli: You're tutoring him now? 

Chongyun: Yea he was helping him with math homework during detention and they established a deal in which Xiao gives him math tutoring and the bard gives him love advice

Childe: Whos the bard?

Albedo: Childe were you not paying attention at lunch? Even I know who the bard is and I don't even sit at your table

Childe: sorry genius guess I missed it

Zhongli: Venti is 'the bard'

Xiao: please even diluc knows who the bard is

Chongyun: right. He read the note..
Oh well its not like he's gonna tell anyone

Xingqiu: ^ Mhm! you're fine
You should text him Xiao

Xiao: text him are you crazy?? Im not doing that

kaeya: CHICKENNNNNNNN

Xiao: You better shut your ass up
fine. Ill text him

Zongli: Best of luck 

Kaeya: Don't mess up

Childe: yass queen hit it

Chongyun: shut the fuck up

Childe: WHAT DID I DO

-- 

Xiao sighed contemplating whether or not to send the first text - just to be beaten to it. Venti had already messaged him. He took a deep breath and opened the message

-- Venti --

Venti: Hey :D it's me Ventiii

Xiao: hey

Venti: So I realized I have early morning rehearsal tomorrow so I probably won't be able to meet up with you then.. How about lunch at the library?

Xiao: Sure that works for me

Venti: Alrighty then! 

Xiao: thank you again

Venti: My pleasure! See you then <3

--

A HEART??????? A HEASEADSTF WHAR? DID THIS MEAN SOMETHING????? WHAT NOOOOO HE MNOOOOO he probably just texts liekt tah hehwat

Xiao took a deep breath, putting his phone down, hugging his pillow internally screaming. He wanted to tell the others but figured that wasn't a good idea.. He just stayed in bed for most of the night thinking of the 'bard.' 

-- 

screeches that was ajshdgafsdfasghdjkkalsdahsgg

nice! 

CHECK IN FROM ANThONY!

HOW YALL DOINN??