𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝙸𝙸

The next morning Xiao woke up early as usual, He had almost forgotten about his whole Xingqiu love dilemma and he went about a normal morning dropping off his sister as usual and walking to school. This time, he decided to wait for school to start in the library. He almost never went in there but it was a very nice space. Many students would go there in the mornings to study before classes started, and Xiao figured he'd do the same to kill time. He made his way to the back area with the tables before he saw two people... A terrible combo...
Xingqiu was standing at a nearby bookshelf.. and Venti was sitting at a table looking through notes. If Xingqiu noticed him He was dead meat. He put on the hood of his sweater, trying to sneak past him before xingqiu reached out and grabbed the back of Xiao's hoodie, pulling him back.
"Hey~ Mornin lover boy"
"Good morning Xingqiu."
"What brings you to the library?"
"Just wanted to stay here and wait for the bell..."
"Hmm I see I see... You look rather lonely. Allow me to introduce you to my friend"
"Xingqiu- No."
Xingqiu smiled, pushing Xiao over to Venti's table. Once they got there, Venti looked up and smiled at them
"Mornin' Xingqiu! Mornin' Xiao! How are you guys doing? Xiaooo I haven't talked to you in a while"
Xiao remained silent and Xingqiu smiled, clearing his throat, gently nudging Xiao.
"Ohhh! You know Xiao? How wonderful... Hey Venti I need your help..."
"Oh? What's up?"
There was silence for a moment before Xingqiu nudged Xiao again gesturing him to speak
"Uh- Yes. I uh need... ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃᵈᵛᶜᵉ,,"
"Huh- I didn't get that"
"ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃᵈᵛᶜᵉ"
"Ahahah..."
"Love advice. I need your help I need some advice."
"Ohhh~ Love advice?? You've come to the right guy!"
Venti gestured for Xiao to sit down and Xingqiu smiled at him
"Many thanks, Venti. You two have fun!"
Xiao glared at Xingqiu before turning to Venti, who was putting his notes back into his binder and clearing off the table. Once he put his stuff in his binder, he pulled out a pack of gum and offered one to Xiao
"So.. Got a crush eh? Tell me a bit about them"
"Well, there really isn't much to say... They're just really sweet and really nice to me and they really care... and they're really good looking... and nice... and their personality is just... and they're just- I feel like I'm just repeating myself."
"Ehe it's fineeee! we get carried away when talking about things or people we care about, totally normal! Sooo have you talked to them at all?"
"Uhhh- well no.. Well- It's complicated..."
"No worries no worries! So, let's just start from zero since it'll be easier to move from hereee.. Hmm... I personally think you're a really nice guy and you can totally do this! but likeee you should start off with yourself first. Are you sure you like them? How do they make you feel? Would you want to pursue a relationship with them?"
Xiao, was just kinda staring at Venti at this point, not really listening to what he was saying just admiring how happy and pretty he looked- 
"Oh! Uh- Yes, surprisingly happy, and yes."
"Great! Well, let's get into some general things. I think it's best if you don't try to make a move yet since you said haven't  really talked to them before"
"Understandable"

Venti and Xiao continued talking until the bell rang. Venti had given him a few tips on talking to them, be approachable, listen to them, notice the small things, be nice to them... all those things. Part of Xiao was starting to appreciate that he got to spend time with Venti.. but he could never forgive Xingqiu for forcing him to do this in the first place.

"Aw man... there's the bell. You're in Diluc's class, right? You might wanna get going- I've heard being late gets on his nerves."
"Oh... yeah you're right.."
"It was fun talking to you tho! I look forward to helping youu Hey here's my number, text me if ya need any more advice outside of school hours. Same time, same place tomorrow?"
"Sure.. Thank you again."
"Anytime!! They don't call me a love expert for nothin' ehe! see ya soon~"

And just like that, Venti got his things and ran off to go to class. Xiao just sat there smiling before coving his face with his hands, Venti was adorable- He just couldn't stop smiling thinking about him. He slowly got his things and went to class, he was late but it seemed Diluc was more pissed on other things and didn't bother calling him out on it. Quietly, he sat down at his normal seat and rested his head on the table, he just couldn't stop thinking about Venti. Suddenly, he felt a light tap on his shoulder followed by a note being placed next to him

--

You look happy what happened?

-- 

Xiao turned around to see who the note was from. Xingqiu and Chongyun were sitting next to each other giggling away... the note was definitely from them... Considering the note wasn't in cursive, it was definitely Chongyun who wrote it. He responded to the note, passing it back to them.
--

What do you mean
I mean you're smiling. You don't usually do that
I don't get it.
Youre happy?
You don't know that
Well I mean you came in with that big ass smile and lookin redder than Diluc's hair. It obviously has to do with the bard
What are you talking about?? Who's the bard??
Codenames genius its venti
The bard?? what kind of codename is that?
He sings like one so we figured its fitting
stop trying to change the subject. What happened?
nothing. he just gave me advice and his number and we're meeting again tomorrow
𝐻𝑒 𝑔𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓃𝓊𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇? 𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑒𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒾𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊
No, he doesn't. fuck off Xingqiu.
--
Just as Xiao was passing the note back, Diluc snatched it. Holding it just out of his reach.
"Passing notes in my class? Last time I checked, this isn't the fifth grade."
"I uh- I..."
Xingqiu quickly stood up, interrupting Xiao before he could say anything.
"Ah. My apologies Mr. Diluc. We were talking of important - confidential- matters. It'd be most appreciated if you returned the paper to me."
"Important confidential matters you say? Do tell me, what exactly have you three gotten yourself into that you must discuss in the middle of my class."
"Well, it's a long story! It all started yesterday morning when-"
"We'll take the detention and be over with it. You can continue your lesson, and we get our note back."
Chongyun said, interrupting Xingqiu. He didn't bother to stand up, he just sat there chewing his gum awaiting the response of the teacher. 
Diluc looked at Chongyun then read the note, laughing a bit, and slowly placed the paper in front of him on the table, sliding it slowly towards it. Chongyun picked it up, handing it to Xingqiu, who sat down once he had gotten the note back. 
"Alright. Detention after school for you three. I expect to see you here as soon as the bell rings... Oh, and if I see one more note being passed, it'll be read out to the entire class."
"Wait but my sister- I have to pick her up. And- the note. You read it-"
"I won't tell anyone. Oh and I'll contact Lisa. I'm not letting you get out of this that easily."
"But- ... alright."

Xiao slouched in his chair, looking back and glaring at Xingqiu who just shrugged and pulled out a book. Chongyun also didn't seem to care too much, as long as he was with Xingqiu he really didn't complain about anything. Detention after school,, how annoying. Well... it's not like either of them could do anything about it.