Chapter 6

Ibuki's house was only about a 2 minutes walk from Rantaro's. It was tucked away on a short street and surrounded by tall trees.
          Ibuki led Rantaro into her room, which was in the basement. It had a soft white carpet and walls covered in band posters and various hanging instruments, and LED lights on the edges of the ceiling. In the corner of the room was a purple bed with a pride flag hanging next to it.
          "Woah, it's really nice in here!" Rantaro said, placing his bag down next to Ibuki's by the stairs and looking around.
          "Haha, thank you! C'mon, let's get playing!" She replied, getting the acoustic guitar back out of her bag and sitting down on her bed, motioning for him to sit with her. He did, and she handed him the guitar. "Alright, play those 3 chords. Do you remember them?" He nodded and played them.
          Ibuki explained the strumming pattern of the song to him, and showed him the lyrics on YouTube. She also explained the percussion part it, which she would be doing with a handheld snare drum. It was a very nice song, Rantaro thought. It was an easy, yet fun and happy duet. It was also relatively popular, so both of them had a pretty good understanding of how it went from the get-go.

          It only took about an hour for them to get it right. They read the lyrics on Ibuki's computer, and sang and played together almost effortlessly as a happy duo. Their voices harmonized beautifully, and their hands glided over their instruments.
          After a while, they had memorized the lyrics and were now dancing in circles, playing and singing joyfully. The music filled the room with a wonderful sense of positivity and cheer. Rantaro hadn't had this much fun in a long time.
          "Dooo you wanna dance togeetherrrr?" Ibuki sang jokingly.
          "Yeeeees that sounds awesommmeee!" The two laughed and placed down their instruments. "You sounded beautiful! I didn't know you could sing like that, I thought you only really did hard rock, not this kind of stuff!"
          Ibuki blushed a bit. "Hey, what kind of Ultimate Musician would Ibuki be if she didn't have some variety?" She said, laughing and turning on a playlist. "Now come on!" She grabbed Rantaro's hand and put another hand on his shoulder and began dancing.
          "Oh, y-you meant this kind of dancing!" Rantaro said, starting to blush.
          "Hehe, yep! Is that alright?" She asked.
          Rantaro smiled. "One hundred percent alright." He put the hand that wasn't holding hers on her waist, and began dancing playfully with her to the upbeat song.
          She had set her LED lights to disco, and they were gliding between bright colors, filling the room with even more energy. The two danced and laughed and sang along to the music, never ceasing a bright smile. My my, how Rantaro loved this girl. And here they were, dancing their hearts out together. Normally he'd be thinking that it sort of hurt that it was only platonic, but right now, the only thing on his mind was bliss and love.

~

          After hours that passed by like seconds of dancing, singing, and laughing, the two were tried, hot, and out of breath, but no less enjoying themselves. A song ended and Ibuki dramatically collapsed onto her bed, dragging Rantaro down with her. They laughed and gasped for breath, laying awkwardly on top of each other.
          On top of her, Rantaro lifted his head from her chest, and they finally caught their breath and stopped cracking up. He wiped a (happy) tear from his eye, and opened them back up to look at her. Both their faces went bright red. They were just about 2 inches away, wide-eyed and blushing. He brushed a lock of hair from her warm face, and gazed into her bright pink eyes, which were brimming with excitement, glee, and content. He glanced down at her lips, then back up to her eyes.

           "Can....
           Can I kiss you?"

          Ibuki responded by throwing her arms around Rantaro and crashing her lips onto his. The moment felt like a fairy tale. He froze for a second, then returned the passionate kiss. All of that love and yearning had built up until now, and was all being poured out into this. Rantaro's heart fluttered with pure joy and bliss.

         After what felt like the best few moments of their lives, they pulled away.
          "I love you.." Rantaro said, running his fingers through her hair.
          "I love you too!" Ibuki said, giving him a soft kiss on the forehead. When he somehow blushed even harder and made a noise that sounded like real-life keysmashing, she laughed and hugged him close to her, nuzzling her face into his fluffy green hair. He returned the hug tightly and rested his head on her chest, and could hear her heart beating fast. So she really did love him, huh?
           "Man, I'm the luckiest guy in the world." He closed his eyes and let out a deep, peaceful breath. Ibuki shut her eyes as well and rubbed soft circles on his back.

-

          Rantaro woke up still cuddled up with her. He rubbed his eyes and looked around the colorfully lit room. Her clock read 7:30PM. Ack, not again... what was with them sleeping until it was dark? Oh well. He glanced at Ibuki, who was already awake and smiling at him.
          "Good morning, sleepy head." She teased.
          "Heh, good.. evening? How long have you been awake?"
          "Only a couple minutes. I assumed Rantaro would probably be awake soon too, and Ibuki didn't wanna wake you up."
          He chuckled sleepily and sat up. "I should go now though." Ibuki agreed (a bit reluctantly) and they got up, Rantaro grabbed his bag and they started off to his house. It was a much more pleasant walk this time, since
A. It wasn't pouring and freezing
B. Rantaro wasn't crying
C. He was holding hands with his... girlfriend? Could he even call her that? He wasn't sure. But they were definitely more than just friends, and that made him happy.
          When they got to his doorstep, Rantaro hugged Ibuki goodbye.
          "Make it home safe, alright?" He said.
          "I will! Goodnight, I love youu!"
          "I love you too, goodnight." He gave her a kiss in the cheek and she skipped off.
          Wow, what a night. His stomach was filled with butterflies and his face was bright pink. Not only had he gotten to kiss her, but he told her he loved her twice. And so did she!

          He got in bed and looked out his window at the moon, before closing his eyes and grinning to himself.
          "I really am the luckiest guy ever."

AN: hello, can you tell I've never written a kissing scene before 🧍‍♀️💀
I hope that wasn't too agonizing to read jshskshdj have a nice day