Chapter 7

Warning: I literally have no clue what I'm doing for the beginning of this chapter help me oh god (you won't miss anything important if you scroll to the middle and start there skjskdhs /gen) (actually you probably should just skip to the middle of the chapter, I just wrote the beginning to fill stuff in idfk help /gen)
No one reads this anyways so it doesn't really matter but like
Frick
If you are reading this, your pain will be over soon I'm pretty sure the story's gonna end soon but we'll see
Can you tell I'm just such a good and smart and thought out author who puts so much effort into their stories /s
HELP
I'm gonna loose subscribers for posting cringe 😪😪😪

TW// destructive thoughts, mild s/h & sewer slide mention

The next day, Rantaro didn't see Ibuki on his way to Hope's Peak, or at the school. There weren't any texts from her, and he had fallen asleep as soon as he got home the last night.
Like the person he was, he couldn't help but immediately feel nervous, something that he always did when he didn't know where someone was. Was she sick? Was she hurt? Was she mad at him for some reason and avoiding him? He wasn't sure, but he did know that he would immediately search for her at lunch.
The bell rang, and he leapt out of his seat and began speeding around the halls. He'd find her. He was starting to (if not already) get unreasonably anxious, and the no-phone policy at Hope's Peak that stopped him from texting her was certainly not helping. Also, usually she was very easy to find, after all, her hair and accessories were very brightly colored and she was usually either running, screaming, or a combination of the two.
"I should relax, she's probably just sick or something. Oh no, did I make her sick?? Relax, relax. What if she's hurt? Or lost?" He thought. The word "lost" made him wince. "Ibuki is probably just at our lunch table. But we usually meet each other at our classes! Where was she this morning? I'm I just being rude and expecting too much of her? But it's not like her to break routine like that..." Rantaro anxiously thought to himself on his way to look for her at the lunch table, and had come to the conclusion (he knew how dumb it was, but he wasn't going to take any chances) that something absolutely awful happened to Ibuki. When he came across the table, which only sat Mondo and Taka, he froze.
"There you are, Rantaro! We were wondering where you were." Kiyotaka said, waving to him. The smile fell off his face when he noticed Rantaro's terrified expression. "Um.. you look really scared, what's up? Are you ok?"
"I.... c-can't.. f-find Ibuki..." Rantaro said in a small, shaky voice. He couldn't find her. Oh no. Nononono. This was NOT happening again. He couldn't loose her.
"You what??" Mondo asked, putting a hand behind his ear. "Did ya say ya can't find Ibuki? She's probably just sick, don't worry so much."
"N-no, but-" Ugh, no! Mondo didn't understand, that's was BAD!! She could be anywhere, and—
"RANTAAAARRROOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Out of nowhere, he heard a happy voice and felt something cling to his back and squeeze him tight.
"AAH!- wha-" Rantaro looked behind him to see a familiar, smiling and blushing face. "IBUKI!!!"
"Hellooooo!" She replied cheerfully.
"There you are!!" He said, shakily prying her off his back and hugging her close to his chest. "Are you ok??"
"Um.. yes. Are you ok? Why does Rantaro seem so scared?" Ibuki said, awkwardly returning the hug.
Oh, now he just felt stupid. He knew of his dumb habit of being too worried for others, and that this really wasn't a big deal whatsoever. But he just couldn't help it, all he could do was hold Ibuki close.
"Y-yeah, heh- I'm sorry, I- uh... I just didn't know where you w-were and got scared. Heh, ya know, just my dumb habit." He said, finally pulling away from the hug.
"Hehe, you sure do have a habit of that! But hey, Ibuki's alright!" She said, grabbing his hand and walking over to the table. Needless to say, Mondo and Taka looked very confused. After a moment of awkward silence, (Rantaro knew it was probably because they were all judging him) Mondo glanced at Ibuki and Rantaro's interlocked hands, and as if he finally realized something, his face lit up and he grinned teasingly.
           "Sooo, what's all.. this?" He asked, gesturing to them.
            "Mondo, that could be personal!" Taka said impatiently.
            "Don't worry Taka, it's ok. Ibuki, can I tell 'em?" Said Rantaro.
            Ibuki nodded happily, and Rantaro explained to them that they were in some sort of romantic relationship, not quite sure yet.
          "Well, if we don't know, why not figure it out now?" Said Ibuki, grinning. "Rantaro, wanna be Ibuki's boyfriend?"
"HNNG- she just- she just asked me- OHMYGODOHMYGOD- wait why am I so shocked?? We kissed last night. Dammit Ibuki, you really know how to fluster me."
            "Yes, yes!! Yes!!" Rantaro exclaimed, pulling her into a happy hug. She returned it and laughed. She was actually his GIRLFRIEND now. His girlfriend!! Ibuki!
           He pulled away and kept an arm around her, then awkwardly looked at Taka and Mondo, who looked absolutely filled with delight and amusement.
          "EYYY, THAT'S MY BROOOO!!!!" Mondo exclaimed. Taka clapped joyfully. ".......Taka, are you clapping?"
          "Yes, is there something wrong with that?"
          "Uh- no, I just- that's not a reaction I've seen before to something like this, heh."
          "I haven't seen someone start yelling." Mocked Taka.
          "Oh, shush." Mondo chuckled, rolling his eyes sarcastically. Taka snickered. Rantaro was used to seeing them act like this, and he always thought it was pretty funny and cute, but right now he just laughed awkwardly and fidgeted with his bracelet. Ibuki on the other hand, was laughing like she didn't care one bit.
          "Heh, yer not usually this soft, Rantaro! I guess she's just speeeecial." Mondo teased. Rantaro laughed. He had to admit, Mondo was completely right.