Time that passed

"GET IN THERE AND DON'T COME OUT YOU BRAT!"

"Stupid boy. Why do you live?"

"NO DINNER FOR A WEEK!"

"Foolish. That's what you are for protecting those you love. Stupid."

"So much for love."

"No one loves you brat."

"Why try when you'll always fail?"

"YOU FAILURE OF A BROTHER!"

Kai's pov

Yep. All those times. All those fights. All that torture. It feels like it still happens. All I was doing was being a protective brother. Or at least trying to. Instead, I got beat up for my mistakes and mistreated for my love. Nya always stayed by my side though. My cousins George and Mia along with Nya have been my only friends growing up. My only supporters. George and I would do anything for our sisters and we've sadly payed the price for that kind of love.

Aunt Abigail wasn't like Uncle Bob though. She was caring and very tender. She hated it when Uncle Bob tortured me and George but was never notified when it would happen so she couldn't stop it.

All these hardships started at a certain time though so lets start there.

12 years earlier

No pov

"Nya follow me!" Kai called out to his younger sister. Kai was a small 5 year old boy with spiked brown hair that shone through the dark rainy day. He had bright amber eyes that spiked flame and fury inside. He wore normal village attire that included a red shirt with brown pants. He had freckles that popped up on his cheek bones and the bridge of his nose.
His sister's laughs were heard in the distance as she ran closer and tackled young Kai to the floor.

Nya had short raven black bob cut hair and oceanic blue eyes. She wore a small red dress with a tiny apron on the front with small flats and a small bracelet on her right wrist. She and Kai shared a moment of complete laughter.
"Nya I found a butterfly." Exclaimed Kai excitedly. Nya's eyes widened as wide as saucers. "I wanna see!" She replied excitedly.

Kai led Nya over to the field by their parent's workshop and pointed to a blue and black butterfly laying on top of a daisy. Nya gasped and giggled, running over to the small creature. Kai and Nya were so fascinated with the butterfly, they didn't notice their parents being forced out and away from their children. The cries of the parents were unheard due to the muffle of the gag placed over their mouths.

Maya desperately reached for her kids but was blocked by the man leading them away with his sword. Tears welled up in Ray and Maya's eyes as their sight for the two children grew narrower and narrower as they were pushed forward.

"Kai I caught it!" Squealed Nya motioning to the small butterfly laying on top of her finger calmly. Kai giggled at Nya's reaction and observed it from afar. "Nya let's go inside before it rains." Implied Kai to Nya gesturing to the darkened clouds in the sky. Nya nodded giving a goodbye to the butterfly she then named 'waffles'.

Kai led his sister inside the blacksmith shop quickly and shut the door hanging Nya's coat on the rack. "Mommy! Daddy!" Nya called out.

No answer.

"They must be out getting groceries then sis." Kai insured Nya. She nodded innocently and skipped to the living room. Kai watched his sister gleefully skip away and went to his room. 
Kai sighed and flopped down on his bed with an exasperated exhale of air. At the same time, the rain came down slowly one after the other. One drop of rain, then ten, then thirty, then it came down harder and harder. Following the rain was the loud clap of thunder that filled the sky.