Failed secret attempts

Kai's pov

Pain.

That's all I felt when I woke up.

Pain.

That's all I feel when I wake up.

Pain.

It's because of him.
It's because of Uncle Bob.
It's because of my stupid loyalty
It's because of my failed attempts to fully protect George.

I groaned as I sat up against the toilet seat. My arms rested on the lid as my head laid on top of them. An excruciating wave of pain suddenly hit my stomach and I yelped while lowering an arm to caress my stomach gingerly. I always hate waking up like this but when you live half your life being tortured by your Uncle constantly with no break, it's probably gonna have side effects. Especially the oncoming sickness that I was starting to feel.

Picking up the lid, I hovered my head above the toilet and let it all empty out. It was a terrible but reliving feeling. I coughed but quickly regretted it as waste came up when I did so. My head had a terrible heating feeling while specks of sweat were visible on my currently scorching hot forehead.

The bathroom felt like the many deserts we went to on missions except the radiation was coming from me and the sweat was slowly dripping down my shaking body. My breaths were heavy and unsettled while giving off sets of steam. I flushed the toilet of the waste and shakily stood up to wash my hands. My eyes protested for sleep as my hands made contact with the warm water. The drowsiness in my entire, unsettled body took over and as I was about to make it out of my bathroom, my knees locked and I crumpled to the floor.

Maya's pov

"Sweetie, try to concentrate on what you are feeling. Let the fresh air guide you to the nature power inside of you."

I held George's hand as he struggled for balance. We were on the tree that hung over the courtyard of the monastery and I was trying as hard as I could to help him obtain his power. "Aunt Maya, I can't do this." George said with a exasperated exhale. "I can't do it. My sister learned to control her power before me. My YOUNGER sister! How embarrassing is that?!" George downed while putting his face in his hands.

"I can't." He added with a muffled groan. "Don't say that. Your sister just developed when her powers were fully under control, so that means that yours just take a little extra time and training to master." I assured him with a comforting rub on his back. "First Kai, then Nya, then my sister, then master Wu, then uncle Ray, then Jay, then Lloyd, then Cole, then Zane, then Pixal, then Skylor, then Kai again, and now you. Everyone has tried to help me but it hasn't worked. I haven't reached my full potential yet Aunt Maya." George cried slightly in his hands.

"Trust me, it takes time. You'll find your power eventually George." I hugged him then left my nephew to his thoughts.

I couldn't stop thinking about what G had said though. It has been over 5 years and he wasn't getting anywhere near his full potential. I made my way through the monastery, trying to find something to do before hearing a thump in Kai's room. With my mother instincts kicking in, I hurried to his door and bursted in. I was met with the sight of my son laying on the floor, unconscious and shaking uncontrollably.

"Oh my — Kai!" I cried out, rushing to his side in a flash. His breathing was shallow and when I pressed my cold hand against his forehead I hissed and took it back in pain. Steam was visible coming from his head and touching him felt like feeling a fresh hot stove. I gingerly picked him up bridal style and carried my child to his bed. Thinking about what I used to do when he or his sister were ill, I quickly grabbed a rag from the bathroom and soaked it with fresh cold water. Wringing it out, I placed it on Kai's forehead and called for Wu, Ray and Zane.

"What happened?!" Ray demanded as he rushed to our son who was hyperventilating and whimpering in pain with his eyes shut tight. "I don't know! I just walked in and he was dry heaving on the floor." I exclaimed while pressing the rag continuously on top of Kai's scorching forehead. "One thing I know is that these temperatures he is experiencing, are not normal for the human body." Zane stated while casting a worried glance.

"Wu, your teas." Ray realized desperately. "What about my teas?" Was all Wu replied with and Ray groaned in annoyance. "Don't you have like a special tea or something for him?" My husband asked pleadingly into Wu's eyes.
"I do not have the tea that you seek." Replied Wu simply while sending Kai a sympathetic look at his current conditions.

"Well we need SOMETHING! I can't just stand around watching my son struggle like this!" Cried my beloved husband. "Maya, what conditions has Kai been in similar to this?" Asked Wu in a surprisingly calm tone for the situation. "Well, I was told by Abigail that he did have to have surgery when he, his sister, and his cousins were saved from — 'him'." I told Wu, trying very clearly to avoid saying 'his' name. "Any side effects of the surgery?" Wu continued and I took a deep shaky breath in.

"Not that we know of. He is a silent sufferer after all." I replied with a quick glance at my son's troubled body, who currently looked painfully uncomfortable. "We have to get him to a hospital." Zane pointed out as Kai's whimpering picked up and the body heat grew with it. I was hesitant about it at first but when a tear dropped down my son's cheek, that was the last straw.

"Ray, pick him up. Zane, call Skylor. Wu, get Nya. We're taking him to the hospital."

I know. Cabby ending and crabby chapter. Next will hopefully be a little better than this one. <3

(Also I'm writing this at like, 2 am so sorry if my short A/N isn't as 'bubbly' as it usually is.

Buh bye ^•^

                              -🧀✌️