Memories

Kai's pov
(This takes place 8 years later so Kai is 18 and he and Nya are ninja now :))

((Also Mia and George are ninja as well ;))

Pain. That's what I remember. That's all I remember happening. My life was great until Uncle Bob came into it. All those hits I took for George. I don't regret protecting him, I just feel the effects coming to haunt me constantly.

Is it possible to develop a sickness due to past abuse or is it just me? My wounds are still visible and still hurt me deeply. Obviously I hide the pain cause I hate it when people worry about me. Nya says that it's not good for me and that I should start mentioning when I'm in pain cause it could lead to severe injuries but like that would ever happen.

Right?

I sighed heavily and noticed how my breathing was heavy and thick. I was shaking constantly and caressing my wounds, trying to stifle my whimpers of pain. As much as I wanted to tell Nya, I knew she would be a blabber mouth and tell Mom and Dad being the motor mouth she is. (It's all the time she spends with Jay. I swear.) I haven't even told Sky yet. Not that I don't trust her, but she'll tell Nya, who will tell Mom and Dad, who will tell Sensei, who will tell Cole and Jay, who will tell Zane, who will take me to the hospital. So that's not happening.

I winced as I re-wrapped my right thigh with fresh white bandages. The smell of metallic smelling blood filling the room. 'I'll have to spray this place with Nya's vanilla spray once I'm done.' I thought while hiding my blood stained wraps in the hidden cabinets behind the mirror. A knock was soon heard from my door and I heard Nya call out from the other side.

"Kai? It's time for dinner!" She called while still knocking continuously. I quickly finished shoving the bandages in the compartment and rushed over to the door, trying to play it normal. "Y — yeah I'll be there in a sec."I assured my sister with a fake smile plastered on my face. Nya shrugged it off and 'skipped' back to the kitchen. I sighed as I closed my eyes tiredly for a second. I was so fudgin tired. I haven't gotten any proper sleep since — since before Uncle Bob came into my life. I just wish everything back then was normal. I always wanted a normal kid's life with normal parents and a normal family along with a normal daily routine. Instead, my parents are dead, I'm not normal, my family abused me, (well Bob did but you get the point) and my routine is not normal. I'm a ninja and that is hard already by itself.

Pushing all those thoughts aside once more, I found myself on my feet and limping to the kitchen! 'Walk normal. Walk normal. Walk normal.' I repeated constantly while making my way to the room that held my family in it. Taking a glance at the scenery in front of me, Mom and Misako were helping Zane with the salad, Wu and Dad were talking about some boring old dude stuff, George, Jay, Lloyd and Cole were in front of the Tv playing fist to face 4, and Nya, Mia and Pix were talking about robotics and a new mech that Pix was working on.

This scene was what made me know that living was worth it. To protect these people. The people I loved the most. That's the only thing that has kept me from...well, you know.
I slumped down on the lounge chair next to the couch where George, Cole, Jay and Lloyd were battling for the prize of Lloyd's candy. "Oh hey Kai! Wanna play for a free box of hot tamales?" Jay asked without peeling his eyes off of the screen. At the mention of hot tamales, I immediately agreed.

Time passed (obviously Jay got the candy) and we were called for dinner. It always feels weird to live half my life without parents and then here I am. My missing parents, sitting at the same table as Nya and I.
"Kai? Are you okay?" George whispered as we sat down at the table while Zane and Misako brought the food in. "Yeah why?" I asked, not realizing how pale I actually was. "I can feel heat radiating off you." He whispered with concern. "I always radiate heat though." I added trying to play dumb. I actually felt like I was going to pass out as the nausea waved in hard, making me sway slightly.

"I'll be fine." I said quickly before George could add anything else to our unwanted conversation. Zane and Misako laid the food on the table and everyone went for it.
Half way through dinner though, I felt my stomach do a flip at the same time as my head pounded with an extra wave of sharp knifes being driven into my skull. It throbbed dully and it took all my strength not to whimper or lay my head down. Okay, George was right. I put a hand to my forehead only to pull back sharply as it was as hot as a burning stove.
(Please do not ask me how I know what a burning stove feels like.)

"Gotta go to the bathroom." I mumbled while getting up and excusing myself from the table. My stomach scrunched itself up making me gasp and stop for a few and wait til the pain subsided. Continuing to stride to the bathroom, I locked the door and sat by the toilet while holding my head as another wave of pain hit terribly. Groaning, I opened the toilet lid and stayed in that position until a knock was heard at the door.

"Kai? Kai are you in there?" George asked from the other side. "Yes, just taking a second." I called back weakly as more knifes found their way into my skull along with flaming heat on my skin. "Okay, but your Mom wants to see you." George added before leaving. I sighed and held my head while massaging my temples. 'Ugh, I feel terrible." I thought as I closed my eyes to ease the pain. This actually isn't the first time this has happened though. Back when I still lived with George in he and Mia's house, I would get a terrible sickness that Bob would cover up from Aunt Abigail so she wouldn't be able to tend to my needs.

I would try to send mixed signals that I wasn't feeling well but Uncle Bob would make up some stupid reason to hide it. That idiot never even cared when George told him that I stopped breathing in my sleep one night. I'm so grateful that the past is behind me. Well I mean, most of it.

I sat there for what felt like 30 minutes until I figured that I was fine. I closed the lid, wiped the sweat from my face, and walked out of the bathroom. Mom was sitting out in the courtyard, picking petals off of cherry blossoms. I grinned and paced over to her side.
Sitting down in the bench next to her, I just sat there until she realized I was there.
"Hi baby boy." Mom said serenely. "Mom I'm not a baby anymore." I replied while chuckling. Mom's eyes turned sympathetic and she pulled me in to lay my head on her shoulder as she played with my hair.

"I want you to know that if you're ever in need of aid, I'm the first person you can come to." She said softly. "Mom wha —" I started but she shushed me. "George told me you're a silent sufferer and I want you to break that habit and start to show when you're in pain, okay?" She explained with sympathy in every word. "Yes Mom." I replied simply with my eyes closed as she massaged my face. "I'm so sorry honey." She said with a stifled cry. "I'm sorry I couldn't be part of your life. I'm sorry we left you to care for your sister. I'm sorry you were so young and had to grow up so early to become an adult for your sister." Mom continued, all with tears dripping slowly down her face.

"Mom. It okay. It's all over." I said releasing my self from her embrace and hugged her tightly.
"You don't have to make up for anything. I promise, it's all in the past." I explained and I could feel her exhale in relief.

"I love you Mama."

"I love you too."

Later that night

I was in my room getting in bed to text when a huge wave of daggers came and attacked my head once more. It throbbed painfully so I closed my eyes and fell on my hands and knees. The pain was almost too much that I crawled to the bathroom. And sat by the toilet once more and let my body do it's thing. My wounds but at my skin making me whimper at the overwhelming pain that was sent at me. My stomach did a flip and that's when I leant over and let it all out. It felt good and didn't at the same time. It felt like being in a volcano in the bathroom as sweat was visible on my face.

I lost all strength to hold myself up and I fell asleep on the bathroom floor.

>:3
Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter! Show choir auditions for high school are coming up in two days so wish me luck!

Also I have a YouTube channel now so check that out to and consider subscribing :)

https://youtube.com/channel/UCGiyU2M7G_iE3f4yMKmdigA

Have a great day y'all!
                               -🧀✌️