Ch. 2

Liams POV

A few hours later I woke up from my so very long nap, but I still wasn’t feeling any better. Every time I swallowed, my throat would still feel sore as hell and I would make a face whenever I swallowed. Paul warned me that Zayn would be in the plane soon with me so we could be on our way to Australia but I ended up falling asleep so I didn’t get to greet Zayn as he walked into the plane. But at least I got to see him after.

Zayns POV

I walked into the plane and an aura of excitement filled me in. A security guard on the plane took all my bags and put it on the plane beside Liams and all that was on my mind was to see Liam. But before I went to talk to him, Paul just had a little chat with me first in order to see how things were going.

“Zayn! Excited to see you!” Paul said coming in for a hug.

“Thanks. Can’t wait to see the entire team again. This tour’s gonna be exciting.” I said scrolling through my twitter feed on my phone.

“I see you’ve been tweeting more. I truly love your tweets.” Paul said smirking at me. He gave me the “I know what you said look” knowing that I curse a bunch in my tweets. But for the fair record I did say excuse my french in one of them.

“Well excuse my french.” I said causing laughter from the both of us.

“So i’ll leave you to have a chat with Liam now. But please be cautious, he’s seemed to have gotten a little bug. I’m not sure what it is yet.” Paul said.

Oh great. We hadn’t even been on the first leg of our tour and someone was already getting sick. I didn’t want to awake Liam as much as I wanted to talk to him, so I just let him sleep until he woke up considering the fact that he was feeling poorly. The sleep would do him good.

“Hey Zi.” I heard a rough hoarse voice say. I looked up from my phone and I saw the cutest sight I could have seen in a long time. Liam’s head was poked up from under tons of covers and there was one peice of his hair sticking up. His cheeks were flushed and his skin was kind of pale to where you could see his red cheeks chiming through.

“Hey Li. Feeling any better?” I asked moving his unkept hair swiftly across his head.

“I’m fine I guess.” he said. On his last word his voice basically cut out on him and he had to clear his throat to continue talking lightly again.

“You don’t sound fine.” I said hearing his almost cut off dry raspy voice when he responded to me. Looks like it’s time for doctor Zayn to come in place.

“Here, lie down. What doesn’t feel good?””

“I dunno, I just feel like shit.” he said playing with his hoodie drawstrings while he wiped his nose with a tissue. 

“Ok then, how does it feel to feel like shit?” I asked trying to bring some comedy into the situation. Luckily it worked, but I forgot I shouldn’t make Liam laugh because I heard he had a pretty bad cough.

He tried not to laugh, but he just made a little giggle and ended up coughing like mad. Paul seemed to have heard the commotion that was going on and he walked to our section of the plane with some water.

“Cough came back?” Paul asked while I patted Liam’s back to help it subside.

“Yeah.” he said with more coughs rattling his body again.

“Take care of your throat lad. You need it in a couple of days.” Paul said giving Liam the box of tissues and water.

“I’ll watch him for you.” I said.