•| ⊱✿⊰ |• Prologue •| ⊱✿⊰ |•

Art belongs to: @ WolfyTheWitch on Twitter

・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ (Y/N) ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・

I tried to catch my breath as I laid on the ground. There was no way I was winning this battle. They will be so disappointed. Techno will be disappointed. Just that thought kept me from surrendering. There was no way I would disappoint Techno.

He had put so much time into my training. Into my schooling. He gave me all he had and now I'm going to lose? I picked up the sword laying on the ground next to me.

My enemy kept walking around thinking I was down and that he won. He rose his arms into the air as people started cheering. I looked up to Techno watching a bit further from the pit. He was already staring at me.

I lifted myself off the ground a little with my hands. No one was watching me at this point so it was the perfect time to strike. I picked up my sword standing up fully. My knees were weak so I tried to steady myself as much as I could before I charge at the larger male.

I used the sword to lean on and catch my breath. I then lifted the sword with both my hands almost falling but steadied myself. I charged at the guy swinging my sword at his back and he fell forward.

He shrieked looking up at me as I put my sword against his neck. I looked up to Techno again and his face held the smallest smile. I smiled at him too as the battle ended. I threw the sword to the ground and walked over to the door to the pit.

My cape swayed behind me as I walked up the stairs. When I was finally out of the pit I got surrounded by the other soldier congratulating me. A way parted and Techno came through the crowd.

He stopped right in front of me placing a hand on my shoulder. He then turned around walking back to the tents. He shifted his head slightly to the right as if asking me to follow. I caught up to him walking behind.

・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ (???) ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・

I stared at Clay as he walked around the castle three guards trailing behind him. He had been making sure everything is prepared for the annual visit from the Antarctic empire.

The relationship between the two kingdoms was on thin ice so this year's festival was very important. I was tasked with watching Nick during the event. You know making sure he doesn't make a bad impression or attack anyone.

Clay dismissed the guards and walked over to me. ''We're all set. The guests should be arriving around noon.'' He said kind of annoyed.

I gave him a smile ''Don't worry this will be great. It isn't every day you get to see Techno.''

He shrugged putting his hand on his hip and moving it signalling his elbow down the hallway. I put my hand on his and he started leading me down the hallway. Guards opened the giant door and we exited the castle into the garden.

The garden was pretty big but Clay doesn't spend too much time here. If he goes out it's mostly to the training grounds. I spend some of my own time in the garden. Clay had hired gardeners to take care of it and did they do a good job. We walked beside a long patch of poppies with a tree here and there.

I heard sword clashing and turned to Clay. He scanned his surroundings and lead me down a path. We found Nick duelling some guard while another guard tried to stop them.

Clay cough and the three turned their attention to us. Nick froze and let out a stiff chuckle ''Dreaaam-'' Just then a new guard runs up to us huffing ''Your majesty- the guests- they-arrived- early-''

・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ A/N ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・

Hi <3
Thank you for reading.
Love,
~Pie

This chapter had words.