The Art of War

CRASH

You plummeted into the remnants of an empty abandoned warehouse, rolling across the floor while a cloud of debris and glass showered over your retreating form. Slowly standing to your feet, you felt the bottom of your shoe adhese to the floor momentarily.

Of course it was tape.

The sound of it zipped into the now broken window you crashed into, revealing Sero hot on your heels, shooting a string of tape towards your direction. You quickly maneuvered out of the way, dodging and weaving past poles and empty shelves that still littered the warehouse's space. As swiftly as you escaped each piece of tape, Sero was quick on his aim, catching only the smallest amount of hair, whether from your head or from the fur trim around your neck.

He left a multitude of strips in his wake, littering the warehouse with every shot he made. Sero ha been on your trail for the past hour today. After a run-in with police enforcement, he had no choice but to take chase after you had committed what looked like a simple pickpocket. From an elderly woman. In broad daylight.

All of that just sounded wrong.

Ever since, he had been doing nothing but chasing you all around the city, making every attempt to apprehend you. The distance you both covered could almost rival that of Deku's speed at this point, weaving up and down buildings, swinging across streets, and the occasional shortcuts throughout (if alleyways were called shortcuts to begin with).

Shooting again yielded no results when Sero missed your fleeting form, climbing up a few poles here and there as a means to avoid his string of tape. Sero questioned if you were once a gymnast with the speed and flexibility you demonstrated evading his attacks. He immediately tore a loose strand of tape from his elbows, watching as you hung upside down from a set of bars above amongst the warehouse's skeletal infrastructure.

"Damn Bucky," you called from above. "Persistent today, aren't we?"

"Gave me no choice this time," he quipped back. "What's up with stealing from the elderly?"

"Hey, don't jump the gun. Like I said before, not everything is as it seems."

"Looks like petty theft to me."

You frowned at the statement, grabbing for the bars to swing yourself upright and balanced atop them.

"I'm not petty," you reiterated.

"Yeah, and I'm Peter Parker."

Sero shot again, and as he did, you fell backwards from the bars before your hands began to glow, a ball of light appearing in their palms. With a swing of your arms, you threw the ball of light past him, teleporting you to the other side of the warehouse and landing on your knees, scraping across the floor. You panted heavily, immediately rolling away from more tape and hid behind a broken wall. You felt faint, light-headed, and your body was forcing sleep. You breathed heavily, your thoughts running through your mind on what your next move needed to be. You were more than surprised that you held up for over an hour without any fainting spells yet.

The sound of tape above immediately caught your ears, rolling away from any oncoming onslaught before you clumsily ran across the warehouse, utilizing anything from the environment to keep the Hero at bay. Even resulting in pushing broken furniture and utilising the available junk to slow the Taping Hero down. Round every corner, over every piece of rubble and debris, you dodged every means of capture before you swung on a pair of bars overhead to climb higher in the warehouse.

"Altitude is my forte," called Sero. "If you wanted to make things easier, you could just surrender."

"What? No competition?" you called back, breath heavy from the symptoms of your Quirk. "What happened to that spark of yours?"