Tumbleweeds & Olive Branches

Another day, another task at hand, you droned in your head. It was becoming tedious after becoming more involved with the Pro-Heroes of Musatafu. A few perks made for a quick recovery in the aftermath of a rescue mission, but that alone left a troubled mind. You liked Heroes. Just never thought of working with them, or rather one of them for that matter. Times were getting tough being coy and mischievous, cautioning on mysterious and aloof. Now you had to fulfil your end of the bargain, one that didn't quite meet your expectations.

Traversing the tops of buildings, you kept a close eye on the streets. Moving spotlights from below decorated the venue you circled, eyeing the number of the rich and wealthy that graced the red carpet into the Heroes Association. The temptation for a quick grab was agonising, only followed by the annoyance of the task at hand. According to the Local Hero Network, the person of interest should be nearby. And for you, this person of interest was an interest to you.

You hopped around while your eyes scoured the Heroes Association complex, finding that it was larger than you had anticipated. Though the Network may have received intel of your intended target to be close to the building, you thought otherwise. Why would a villain immediately show themselves before the very thing they faced in the city? Almost as if a rabbit were to visit a foxhole. The predator would turn into prey. Your thoughts exactly while your eyes searched across the city's horizon, contemplating on the streets and visualising their pathways. A long shot for sure, but one you could easily make use of your time rather than stalking the gala below. In a beam of light, you teleported into the streets, bouncing across buildings and bending around corners. Not a single individual met the description you had burned visually in your mind until in a dark alley, a flicker of blue caught your senses.

Quickly transforming from your golden light, you skid across the concrete pavement, halting before a hooded figure masked by the large hoodie over their head. There was a reminiscent glow beneath their sleeves, similar to those photos you procured of Dabi and his–

"I don't want trouble," they quickly reassured, wary of your presence while covering their scars. You eyed their posture and listened to their tone. Something panicked them, unlike their comfortable ease in the photos you held of their escapades with Dabi. You couldn't tell if it was you that gave them a fright, sighing languidly.

"I don't either," you replied, uncaring in your tone. "Too much hassle for this kind of night. I just needed to see you in person before the deed is done."

A small panicked step caused you to smile at their hesitance. For someone who was deemed a success in the Doctor's eyes, they were becoming meeker in your presence. Something definitely was throwing them off.

"Who are you?" they asked with the threat in their voice.

And there it was, the bravado you inferred in those photos, old and older as time went by.

"Oh silly me, I'm sorry for being so rude. I've never been good at introductions, but again, not the night for it. I don't feel like it," you introduced without any want to. "Are you looking for Suneater?"

A quick flick of one of your procured items caught their eyes wide with surprise. You picked it out yourself, after discussing with the group of Pro-Heroes who were involved in this little charade of cat and mouse.

"Where'd you get that?" they questioned hastily.

"Don't matter. You have to catch me first."

A flick of your wrist brought a golden glow, a ball of light that hovered above your fingertips. You threw it, casting yourself into the light once more. You ensured you didn't speed away too quickly, if only to keep them on your tail. It was just no fun when you played by someone else's rules, and you had been for some time now, meandering around until you made your way back to the Heroes Association where the plan was to be enacted. The game was getting old.