Casa Dolce Casa

The city was bustling with people scurrying about, quickly making last minute gift purchases and enjoying the festivities that the city had to offer. The snow packed into the streets, but made for a beautiful sight of people coming together for the holiday, sharing their days with family, friends, and loved ones alike. Hanta Sero breathed deeply within his scarf, still finding the condensation of his breath linger in the cold air irregardless of the warmth he tried to sustain. He walked the streets, out of uniform, watching the sun begin to slowly set for the night to follow. As much as everyone was scrounging around for last minute things, he too organised a last minute meet before he would set off for his invitation over to Kirishima's tonight.

He wouldn't think less of it, but he hoped you had received his message to meet him in the busy street, surrounded by people, around this time.

He stared at his watch, noticing that the time was close, but you were nowhere to be seen. Given the circumstances, he began to wonder if this was too much to meet out in public rather than in an alleyway or on a rooftop up high away from watchful eyes. The year had been a mess, involving himself in your antics and your own personal sleuthing, up to a solid rescue mission as well as aiding in apprehending a former Hero-in-training - the third year who disappeared all those years ago, presumed dead. A great deal of trust was gambled, one that Sero was relieved that it turned out for the better.

His eyes roved about the crowd, attempting to find any inkling of you amongst the heads of people that went about their day. It felt like his reunion again, recalling that moment he tried to follow you to then lose you. A tap on his shoulder caught his attention, quickly peering behind to notice someone a little different to what he was used to. There you stood clothed in normal clothes compared to the thieving outfit he was so used to you donning everywhere he went. Aside from his reunion and the few mishaps that resulted in you having to hide out at his, you looked... normal.

"Hey," you greeted with a heavy breath, your arms enclosed in the large jacket that kept you warm.

"Hey," he simply replied, turning towards you. Sero noticed the almost timid way you stood, arms closed before your chest and your standing awkwardly before him.

"So... what's up?" you asked, unable to break the ice after such an awkward greeting.

"Thought I'd check up on you. See if you were okay."

"Oh... yeah, I'm all right. I've been good." You pulled a smile, one that felt so unnatural to you, thanks to that pressing feeling that you were being watched. Being out in public was... different. Unlike other times when you weaved through crowds with no qualms, you felt naked, vulnerable. The thick clothes didn't help except for keeping you warm while you turned your eyes onto Sero, hoping that alone would keep you from thinking about the mass of people around you.

Except, he stared at you, peering at your clothes with a quirked brow, suspicious of something on your person.

"... did you steal those clothes?" he asked, scrutinising.

"No!" you piped with an insulted tone, wrapping yourself further in the thick jacket, dipping your head into its collar as if it could shield you from the crowd. The look in Sero's eyes was always judging, and this time it felt heated unlike the others.

"... just the jacket," you admitted with a flat tone, softer this time.

Sero sighed deeply, not surprised by your answer, but immediately chuckled at the thought, soon ruffling the top of your head in jest. "I won't tell anyone," he reassured. "I really wanted to say thanks for everything this year, for putting trust in my friends, and in me."

You peered up from his large hand, spotting that wide grin on his face that beamed brightly now in the setting sun. A smirk crossed your lips before you knocked his hand from your head, standing tall before him now with some confidence. "Yeah well, I had a good feeling about you the moment I saw you," you chirped with a playful smile.