Boom Shakalaka

"God I'm insane," you muttered to yourself, hopping across the rooftops of whatever buildings existed on this godforsaken island. Hanta Sero was oddly strict with his instructions, but it came with a price - your help in return to aid your private investigations into the Front. It was a risk, especially for one like yourself who lived off stealing from others. The thought of a double cross did saunter its way into your mind, but your own doubts followed after.

Sero would never betray your all-giving nature and trust. Right?

You quietly made your way towards a large courtyard by the port side of the island. It was reminiscent of a docking bay, much like Endor Docks, but barren and dilapidated. It seemed to be the Front's MO to hide amongst abandoned housing, but something felt terribly off. It was abandoned in general. You hardly came across anyone. Not even a lowly guard wandering around. If the plan was to rescue someone, shouldn't there be people around to stop that from happening?

The distant whirring of an engine caught your ear, stirring the waters by the dock before you noticed a speedboat on approach, spotting the Commission's insignia on its starboard bow. Your suspicions hiked minutely from the company that had arrived, only to spot three very familiar Pro-Heroes disembark, talking amongst themselves. First was Chargebolt, already charging forward and bolting across the courtyard, determined in his frantic rush. Second was Deku, the Number One already on alert while he traversed away from your position, heading towards the opposite direction from Chargebolt. And lastly, but certainly not the least, was Cellophane - Hanta Sero - staying put by the docks. Your eyes kept closely on him, watching him tread carefully through the docking bay while his eyes turned towards the rooftops.

You instinctively ducked below, hoping he had not spotted you just yet. What fun was there to give away your involvement, when you can keep him on his toes? It felt a little childish, maybe unintentionally wanting him to keep guessing. Keep the mystique and the intrigue.

"I'm still mad at him," you murmured to yourself, hoping to find meaning in that reason. It was starting to get old, grumbling under your breath while you covered your eyes from the dying light of dusk. You questioned how this cascade of emotions happened overtime. When did you start falling? How did he get under your skin? Or on your nerves? How did the tables turn?

A slight twinge of uncomfortable pain stirred your insides, feeling the grumble interject with your train of thought. You whined under your breath at the feeling, breathing deeply as a means to attempt ignoring the sensation.

"Shoot me," you slowly grumbled, dwelling on your thoughts while you laid on the cold concrete. Perhaps you had fallen for him, you thought yet still refused to accept. It was fun to play around, but it was becoming too real, feeling the swell of emotions conflict with your own personal goals. What was important was getting answers, you thought, while you pulled your hands from your eyes, adjusting now to the dark sky until your eyes met another's, widening at their sudden presence.

There stood a little girl with golden curls that dangled from her, framing her face in the dark. Her large eyes stared down at you curiously before she smiled widely, pointing her finger at you in the shape of a gun.

"Bang!" she chirped loudly before her fingers sparked with a harsh hot light.

BOOM

In a flash of blinding light, you found yourself suspended in the air to escape while the blast tossed you aside, feeling the thrust of its explosive power send you off the rooftops. The crash into the pavements below scathed across your limbs as a means to protect your head, feeling the burn against the concrete and asphalt that made the port. The surprise was unbecoming, invoking concern and shock. How did she sneak up on you? You're the sneaky one last you remembered.