~𝟞. 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝔸 𝔽𝕦𝕟𝕜𝕪 𝔻𝕒𝕪~

~Branch POV~

We were on a raft that Hickory built. Biggie left after one of the bounty hunters attacked us, Chaz the Smooth Jazz Troll.

Hickory was singing a song while I sat at the front of the raft with my feet hanging over. I look back at Poppy who had a sad expression while steering the raft.

I lay back while groaning and covering my eyes. I open my eyes and see creatures singing along. Hickory came over to me.

"Somethin' tells me your heart ain't in this mission, Branch," Hickory said.

"What do you mean? I'm here, aren't I?" I say as Hickory helps me up.

"Yeah, you're on a mission all right, but your heart is with Miss Poppy," Hickory said. I look at him shocked.

"Hey, hold your horses!" I say. I stop and realize what I said. I look down at my hands. "Sorry, is that offensive?" Hickory just chuckles.

"Not as offensive as you thinking I can't see what's right in front of my eyes. Did ya' tell her?" Hickory said as he sat down beside me.

"I tried, but," I say as I imitate an explosion.

"Well, if you did tell her, who knows if she'd even hear ya'?" Hickory said. I look at him.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, let's just say that one of you are doin' the listenin' in this relationship and it's not her," Hickory said. I look in front of me and at the water while thinking.

"It's you."

"Yeah, I got that. Thanks."

"Uh, guys?" Poppy looked at the sky and saw a UFO-looking thing floating towards us.

"If (y/n) were here, she would know what to do!" I exclaim as a bubble came down and picked Hickory and me up.

"Who is (y/n)?!" Hickory asked.

*With Barb*

~Barb's POV~

(y/n) was sleeping on a couch while I sat beside her. Lately, I've been getting a fuzzy feeling in my chest and butterflies in my stomach.

I've never had this feeling before, so I don't know what it is. It only happens when I think of (y/n) or when I'm near her.

I mean, I am a lesbian and all, but I didn't think I would like someone like her. She's a Pop Troll for Troll's sake!

Ever since we got along, I felt guilty for kidnaping her. I didn't mean to hurt her if I did. I want to apologize for all the terrible things I've done to her and her friends and family, but I don't want to seem weak.

I eventually asked Carol about it since she's a girl and understands girl stuff.

"Hey, Carol?" I ask as I walk up to the Rock Troll who was eating spray cheese.