Visions and Old Friends

Lazily, Finley's eyes fluttered open. 

"Finny!" a voice hissed before Finley's eyes could adjust to the light. 

As they did, she took notice of a blonde with princess curls sitting before her. The girl's hair tied messily into a ponytail and her stormy grey eyes were wide. 

"What are you doing here?" she hissed. 

"Well," Finley whispered with a sarcastic tone as she sat up."I didn't exactly wish to be brought here by the Scar-Faced Bitch."

"If you were at camp-"

"Who said anything about me being at camp?"

"That's where you're supposed to be!" Annabeth hissed. She had given up on the rope around her wrists, but Finley had not.

"Yeah, well, it just so happens I got a quest to free you and Aunt Artie over there," Finley said as she twisted her wrists. "Being capture was not part of the plan."

"Who's on the quest?"

"Percy, Thals, Zoe, Grover, and Bianca. Well . . .Bianca was on the quest," Finley frowned. "She was crushed by an overgrown Tin Man."

"No," Artemis let out from her place a few feet away. "You should not have gone on a quest! It's a trap!"

"Yeah, well," Finley sassed as she continued to free herself. "It's kinda hard when the dam oracle decides to take a stroll into the middle of a Capture the Flag game, sprouting a prophecy."

"What was the proph-" Annabeth was cut off by Luke. 

"Oh good!" He grinned. "You're awake!"

Finley clenched her jaw and glared. 

"Have a nice nap?" he teased. 

"Not exactly the top quality mattress," she sassed, kicking a rock, successfully hitting his forehead. "My pillow was rather hard."

"Come now, Finny Fin," He said with a frown. "I thought we could be on the same side."

"How unfortunate for you," Finley pouted. Her eyes were wide with mockery and false sympathy. "I think some nice salt to help heal the wound? I hear it's most therapeutic? The pain it causes builds character. Character you definitely need."

If you never had salt rubbed in an open wound, you're lucky. It hurts a lot more than you might think it would. 

"Then sit there and rot," Luke growled. 

"Can I get my mac and cheese?" Finley called after his retreating figure. "Your stupid zombies got in the way of my lunch!"

Receiving no response, she huffed and pressed her back against the fallen white column. She shut her eyes as she angled her head up to the sky. She wanted her headphones and her sword. Even the absences of the ring that Light Bringer turned into brought her discomfort. 

It didn't help that Luke teasingly placed it just out of her reach. 

She was shackled to the floor and no matter who far she stretched her limbs, she couldn't reach them (her headphones were there too). 

It was his game. 

Finley knew if she joined, she'd get her things back. 

But she wouldn't join. She couldn't let Kronos win. She wouldn't let humanity die. She wouldn't let her family die. 

Oddly enough, her mind drifted to Percy. 

She found herself doing that more often than she'd care to admit.