Annabeth Breaks The Rules

It was safe to say Finley didn't sleep at all that night. She had, for the first time in what seemed like forever, gone back to her cabin. She spent the night tossing and turning, unable to sleep a wink.

When the sun rose above the horizon, she thanked her father and climbed out from under her covers. Unlike the rest of her siblings, Finley slept with more than just basic covers. For her birthday, Sally Jackson had sent Finley a "care package". In it lay mac and cheese cups (which she assumed Percy had something to do with), fuzzy socks, a new brush, golden nail polish, and a soft grey blanket with a majestic black wolf.

After slipping on her jean shorts, she pulled her thin grey razor back tank top over her head. A sketched wolf howling at the moon was on the front. Her black bikini top straps were visible around her neck.

Two things to know about Finley. One, she loved wolves. They were her favorite animal. Two,  she hated bras. Luckily, she found an alternative. She almost always wore a bikini top around camp instead of a regular bra. She, of course, also wore a shirt, but she found herself being more comfortable in a bikini top. Annabeth had introduced to a 'sports bra'. The light brunette actually liked them, but she didn't have one clean, which irritated her. 

After lacing up her black converses, she slipped her bracelets on. One was a thing leather strap. She had it since her time on the run with Luke, Thalia, and Annabeth. The two seven-year-olds each found a small leather string. They both had their own that was always around their wrist Neither Annabeth nor Finley had taken them off. Her second was another leather-bound one, but it held four small golden charms: an owl, a wave, reed pipes, and a sun. 

"You can't be here," Lee Fletcher said as he rounded on his little sister. For the first time ever, the war council meeting was held in the arena. Finley arrived with Annabeth. When she did, her blond brother threw a fit. 

"But I'm here," she shrugged. 

"You aren't allowed to be here," he stated. "You need to rest. You've been so busy-"

"This 'Big Brother Spiel' you're going on is great and all, but," she interrupted. "I've been working to protect camp. It only makes sense for me to be here."

"Like your boyfriend and Annabeth-"

"Percy's not my boyfriend," she rolled her hazel eyes. 

"One, I never said who," Lee grinned. "And, two, they'll tell you everything anyway."

"Yeah, but it saves time," Finley shrugged. "And I'm not leaving."

"Yes, you are."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"What are they arguing about?" Percy asked Grover once he arrived. 

"Lee wants Finley to leave," Grover stated. 

"Why?" Percy furrowed his dark brows. 

"She's not a counselor. She is going to work herself to exhaustion. She needs a break. She needs to relax." Grover listed. 

"Why do you feel the need to try and protect me?" Finley shouted angrily. 

Lee crossed his arms over his chest. "Someone has to."

Finley glared at her brother. "I'm staying."

Lee opened his mouth to protest but Chiron objected. 

"Let her be, Lee," he sighed. "She's going to know everything after the meeting anyway."

Finley looked at her brother with a large and confident smile as if to say 'I won'.