Chapter 9✔

Victors Perspective

Josie had finally settled into my abode, with every last item meticulously placed. She was on a mission to obliterate any remnants of Sabines existence. Nevertheless, no matter how vehemently she strove, Sabine lingered in the recesses of my mind. In my own twisted way, Id always bear some semblance of affection for Sabine, or perhaps it was merely the allure of having her. Nonetheless, all of that was now irrelevant. Her betrayal ran deeper than I ever imagined. It was time to seal that chapter of my life, for now, I had Josie and our precious little one.

I slipped into a pair of comfy blue jeans and donned a plain white T-shirt. The earlier meeting had left me with a sense of contentment. There was initial resistance to my fresh ideas, but eventually, the majority came to acknowledge their prior misjudgments and embraced the changes. As for the few who clung to the old ways, we dealt with them accordingly. We realigned territories, ensuring that everyone had an equal shot at raking in some serious cash.

Streamlining the performance assessment process has made my job significantly more straightforward. Should a territory fail to meet our expectations, they better prepare for the impending consequences. Theres always someone lurking in the wings, ready to step in and set things right. Meanwhile, Victor occupied his room, diligently packing for the imminent adventure he and Ty were about to embark upon.

Josie burst into the room, her breath slightly labored, her chest heaving as she struggled to convey the news. I tossed my shirt onto the bed and hurried over to her, a trace of anxiety in my voice. Is the baby okay? I inquired, my concern palpable.

No, yes, the babys perfectly fine, she exclaimed, excitement dancing in her eyes. My heart raced. The information is over a week old, and he isnt entirely certain, but they spotted that distinctive red R1 just two towns over from Melrose, she squealed with delight.

How in the hell did you pull off this find when none of our usual sources could come up with jack? I quizzed, grabbing Josie and spinning her in my arms.

You remember Butch, right? That dude She paused, leaving her words hanging for a moment. Yeah, yeah, I recall. Get to the point, I responded impatiently, showing minimal interest in the backstory between Josie and Butch. All I cared about was that someone might have laid eyes on her, giving me a vague hint about Sabines possible whereabouts.

Well, Butch spilled the beans about a raven-haired vixen who waltzed into their dive bar about a week ago, tearing through the place on a red R1. Apparently, she caused quite a damn ruckus, Josie shared, looking rather smug about outsmarting my own crew, who had come up empty-handed.

Ill be down in five, sugar, and then well mosey on over to that ol compound together. You just sit tight, darlin, til I strut back in here, yhear? I declare with a sly smile, slinking back to the bed where my belongings are neatly stowed. Josie starts to make her way to the door, but I holler at her, causing her to freeze in her tracks. Now, aint that a fact, youve been workin hard, babe, I emphasize, snatching up a t-shirt as I continue to pack. Josie saunters out of the room with a mischievous grin that could rival a Cheshire cat.

I return to the business of stowing my gear, gathering my things in a jiffy, and mosey on downstairs where Josies already got herself parked, lookin all ready to ride. The drive to that compound feels like a breeze, my determination burning hotter than a prairie wildfire. All I got on my mind is hittin the road, followin Josies lead, and bringin my woman back home where she belongs.

I sauntered into the compound, my aura of command effortlessly drawing my trusted associates into my office for a hasty rendezvous. Sabine mightve just hit the radar! I announced, sending a ripple of astonishment through the room, curiosity and concern igniting in their eyes. Ty, tucked away in a corner, his initial shock quickly concealed by a composed, unyielding mask. Edge, youre vanishing into the shadows tonight for your undercover gig. Well rendezvous soon. Ty, and a pair of promising prospects, youre joining me on a little Melrose expedition. No bikes this time, folks; were rolling out in cars. The rest of you, fortify the compound and keep a close watch on Josie. Shes staying put until we return. I want updates on my desk pronto. With a wave of my hand, I dismissed the assembly, and then, I strolled over to the bar where Josie was deep in conversation with some of the other ladies.