Chapter 10✔

Sabines Perspective

I found myself coiled on the floor, confronted by this massive figure, a looming presence that sent shivers down my spine. He was the very same man Id clashed with on the dance floor, though at that moment, I hadnt registered his identity. But there was no mistaking him now. How had he managed to track me down with such lightning speed? Where were my supposed protectors, the men tasked with ensuring my safety? Why had I not disclosed my whereabouts to anyone? These questions raced through my mind as I absorbed a brutal blow to my midsection. I couldnt help but ponder whether my ribs would ever be the same after enduring such relentless torment.

You believe you can wound me and then vanish into the night like a phantom? Youll face the consequences, my little temptress, but not before Ive had my fair share of fun. Victors going to be one satisfied man, he sneered, his fingers expertly tearing through my leather top, effortlessly popping the zippers. His gaze fixated on my curves, his tongue darting across his lips, desire glistening in his eyes.

My heart raced with mounting dread as he ripped apart the fabric of my blouse, his grip on my breasts unrelenting. A surge of courage coursed through me, and I attempted to fight back, aiming a defiant kick at the man. But his response was swift and brutal, a powerful blow to my face that sent me tumbling, stars swirling before my eyes. The force of the impact split my lip, a trickle of blood staining my chin.

Amidst the relentless onslaught, the knock at the door was but a distant echo, drowned out by the vicious blows and the mans menacing threats. Then, in a sudden, thunderous moment, the door burst open, and there stood Thor, breathing heavily like a charging locomotive. His fury radiated from every pore, and in the blink of an eye, he had the assailant pinned against the wall, a relentless storm of punches raining down with unyielding determination.

Crimson rivulets painted a chaotic tableau, splattering in all directions. Thor, thats enough, I cried out, the desperation in my voice aimed at seizing his attention, but I dared not get too close. I had no desire to become the next target of a man consumed by unbridled rage. My own injuries had piled up, rendering me a canvas of substantial suffering. It seemed Thor must have caught my plea, for he relinquished his grip on the wretched assailant, letting the wretch crumple to the ground, utterly worthless.

Are you alright? How badly are you injured? Inwardly, I cursed my luck, discovering my own bloodied state from the punches and kicks endured, though nothing felt broken. Tonights thrashing, in comparison to the torment Victor had unleashed upon me in the past, felt relatively lighter. My hand reached out to touch Thors face, a calming gesture that drew him nearer. In that intimate moment, I became aware of the exposure of my breasts, and panic surged within. Swiftly, I attempted to salvage the tatters of my outfit, muttering, Damn it, he ruined my attire, my cheeks ablaze with embarrassment and my trembling hands betraying my composure.

Thor handed me his worn t-shirt, his words dripping with concern. Slide into this. Its time to return you to the compound, he urged, his eyes betraying his genuine care for my well-being. His shirtless state had slipped past my notice until then, and I found myself spellbound, unable to divert my gaze from the chiseled contours of his abs, the sculpted pecs, his sun-kissed skin exuding a mesmerizing glow, and the rhythmic cadence of his chests rise and fall as he attempted to lift me into his strong arms.

Struggling to regain my balance, my knees gave way, and I stumbled right into Thor. His intoxicating scent enveloped me, compelling me to close my eyes and take a deep breath. His unique aroma possessed a soothing quality that was undeniable. Thor swept me up in a bridal hold just as Chris burst into the bathroom, his worry apparent due to my prolonged absence. When Chris beheld the unconscious man on the floor and me ensconced in Thors embrace, embarrassment washed over him, even in the presence of the other guys. Guilt etched itself across his countenance. I wrapped my arms around Thors neck, resting my head in the curve of his shoulder, realizing just how effortlessly I could lose myself in his embrace.