Miraculous Side Effects

For Maribat March: Day 6 Theme: Miraculous Side Effects

Bio Dad-Bruce Wayne

Bruce 43

Dick 24

Cass 19

Jason 19

Stephine 18

Tim 17

Marinette 14

Damian 10

A year ago Marinette received the Ladybug Miraculous. A year ago she was given a permanent death date. Now it was her last week on earth.

The first thing Marinette decided on was telling her parents. There was a lot of crying and questioning, when they realized there was no way to reverse it they wanted to make her last week on earth wonderful. And that started with inviting Marinette's bio family to Paris and getting Marinette out of school for the week.

Ah yes, bio family. Well that should probably be addressed before she dies. Sabine and Tom adopted her, which she had known her whole life and they knew her birth family. Marinette however, did not want to meet her bio family until now. Because now she was dying. So they arrived tomorrow and she spent today with her parents.

"How will you end up dying?" Sabine asked her daughter.

Marinette was waiting for this question. Slowly she lifted her shirt to reveal a dark ink spreading through her abdomen. "Tikki can explain it better than I can."

"Marinette has a strong soul rooted in creation and destruction. It is incredibly rare for a holder to have a soul as balanced and as strong as hers. When she started using the Ladybug Miraculous it changed the balance. It created a way for darkness to co-exist and it started slowly killing her. I've only seen this happen to one other holder of mine. If I had known I would have never let Marinette use the Miraculous."

There were more tears and questions, but Marinette had already gone through all the tears and questions, now she was at acceptance. So she sat there helping her parents get through it. As night fell she explained she had to go out on patrol. She also had to tell Chat Noir.

"M'lady," Chat greeted her.

"Chaton, we need to talk," there was a seriousness in her voice that she typically saved for Akuma fights.

"What is it?"

"I think we should do a reveal."

Chat perked up in excitement, "Really? I thought you were against it, what changed?"

Death. Death changed, she was closer to dying than she was months ago. She was going to die. But how does she tell Chat that? How does she tell Chat they have a week left and then he gets a new partner. A new partner she is letting him pick because she can't pick her replacement. She doesn't want to and as selfish as that may be she is dying.

"I want to do this Chat."

"Okay, how about on three?" He asked, closing his eyes.

"One, Two, Three."

"Claws in." "Spots off." They said at the same time.

Opening their eyes they both encountered familiar faces. "Princess," Chat Noir stated, "of course it's you! Marinette you're so amazing inside and outside the mask and I'm sorry I never put it together."

"Adrien," Marinette whispered before bursting into tears.

"Marinette, what's wrong? Are you mad it's me?" Adrien questioned, and Marinette nodded no, "Hey Princess what is it? You can tell me anything, I promise."