Mominette

For Maribat March: Day 11 Theme: Mominette

Marinette adopts Damian

Slight Jasonette

Jason 19

Marinette 18

Damian 10

Notes: So this probably disregards a lot of canon things. Most are pretty self-explanatory throughout the story though.

It was just a regular Tuesday when Marinette heard some screaming. It was typical in Gotham. But she didn't expect a child, maybe no more than eleven, beating the crap out of an adult. The kid was using a katana and a fighting style Marinette recognized.

"Shit, he's from the league," Marinette whispered under her breath before rushing to stop the kid from killing the man.

When rushing in she got the kid's attention allowing the man to escape from the tiny assassin.

"Why is the league here?" Marinette asked in Arabic.

The kid did not reply, instead, he attacked. Marinette just dodged. She didn't want to hurt him. But she knew reasoning wouldn't work. Restraining might though. So she pinned him to the ground keeping his katana away and making sure he had no other weapons on him. She then had to get him back to her apartment where she could question him.

An hour later with a lot of fighting and dirty looks, the two were back at her apartment.

Marinette once again repeated her question in Arabic, "Why is the league here?"

This time he just scoffed at her.

"Why are they sending children to kill now? Typically they wait until you are 13 or 14," Marinette asked the child.

"How do you know so much?" the Kid asked in Arabic.

"I was part of the league," Marinette revealed.

"Tt. They don't just let you leave."

"They do if they think you're dead."

Realization flashed in Damian's eyes, "You were the girl who died. A mission in Tibet. Attack on some temple."

"Huh, so you've heard of me. Now who are you and why are you here?"

"I'm Damian Al-Ghul."

Marinette knew the name, everyone affiliated with the league knew the name. She kidnapped the heir to the league of assassins. She was so screwed and currently paralyzed.

"Don't kill me," Marinette said while reaching for her phone, after dialing a number she says in English, "I need you to come to my apartment, right now," and then she hung up.

"Look I'm not trying to get the league to kill me or anything, so I'll untie you if you don't run or kill me," Marinette said, speaking in Arabic once again.

"You are two merciful to be an assassin, that must be why you left."

"I was a flawless killer, that is why I left."

"Is that not the goal? To be perfect."

"It wasn't mine. I was less of a human the more I killed."

"Tt. So you developed morals?"

"Do you want to be untied or not?" Marinette lashed out.

Damian had pushed a button that she wasn't comfortable with. She knew he could tell. But she did not want to address it. She rather untie the mini assassin than talk about why she left. He would never understand anyway. Or at least that's what she told herself.

"Untie me."

So she did. Keeping the Katana away from him, she untied him carefully. When fully untied she offered him a seat on her sofa. And then there was a knock on the door.

"Jason?" she called out.

"Yeah it's me," the voice said."

"Come in," Marinette said in English

Entered a man that looked vaguely familiar to Damian. But he couldn't figure out where he had seen him.

"Jay, this is Damian Al-Ghul. I may have accidentally kidnapped him when I realized he was from the league."

"Shit, does he speak English or just Arabic?"

"Honestly I'm not sure."

"Kid, do you speak English?" Jason asked.

"My mother taught me before I left," Damian responded in perfect English.

"Well there's our answer," Jason said to Marinette, "Well Damian why are you here and who were you sent to kill?"

"I am not here to kill anyone. Your friend seemed to have missed that."

"You were attacking an innocent man in broad daylight," Marinette snapped back.

"How can you be sure he was innocent, this is a dangerous city."

"I buy my groceries from him," she deadpans.

"He was attacking Mr. Dupain? Not cool kid."

"He provoked me," Damian said, attempting to excuse himself.

"Look kid it doesn't matter now, what's done is done and we need to figure out what to do with you now. And that requires knowing why the hell you're here in Gotham."

"I was supposed to be with my biological father."

"Talia was going to dump you onto some poor unexpecting man," Marinette frowned. "That isn't fair, so you are going to return to your mother in the morning. Tonight you'll stay here."

"You're letting a trained assassin stay here?" Damian asked.

"I am a trained assassin and Jason and I can do sleeping shifts."

"We can?" Jason asked.

Marinette glared at him.

"Where will I be sleeping?" Damian asked.

"The guest room."

Everyone was surprisingly calm about the situation. But, they were all slightly wondering if Marinette had lost her mind, letting an assassin stay in her home. However, throughout the night there were no problems, Marinette and Jason took sleeping shifts, but there were no problems. Damian slept in an environment that felt surprisingly safe.

The next morning Damian was fed a good meal and given clean clothing that Marinette had handmade. And he felt at home for the first time in his life.

"How are we planning on getting him back to the league?" Jason asked Marinette.

"I don't know, any ideas Damian?" Marinette said.

"I know it's a lot to ask but can I stay a bit longer with you and Jason?"

This caught everyone by surprise, including Damian. It escaped his mouth, but he meant it. He wanted to stay for a bit, have a chance to relax, and not have to focus on training or sleep with one eye open.

"Jason and I need to talk about this," Marinette said while pulling Jason into the other room.

Five minutes later they came out with a decision.

"A month, you can stay for a month," Marinette said.

"I can't believe we're kidnapping Talia's kid for a month," Jason muttered loud enough for Damian to hear.

"I am here willingly, if anything you are harboring a runaway," Damian said.

Yeah, it ended up lasting more than a month...

Words: 1042