Chapter 18: It's A...

Dr. Sandra pauses before she answers the burning question we've been wondering ever since I found out I was pregnant...what our babies gender is. My heart is racing so fast, anticipation surging through my viens.

"Boy!" She says, "congratulations Mr. and Mrs.
Eaton you're having a little boy!"

I exhale. It's a boy! I'm gonna have a son! I couldn't be happier. I immediately reach over and hug Four quickly kissing him after. He smiles brightly. I do too.

"Thank you!" I say

"Of course!" She replies. She gives me the medicine I need for my pain and for the health of our son and we leave.

****

"It's a BOY!" Four and I announce at lunch the next day to all our friends.

"I knew it!!" Christina squeals.

"Yessss a mini Four!" Zeke says

"A mini dauntless boy how cute!" Shauna adds
The others offer their excitement on the news, adding comments about who he's gonna look like or what he's gonna act like. I couldn't be more excited to have a little Tobias Eaton. I can't wait to meet him in 6 months. I chow down on my dauntless cake that I've been craving all day. I even get up for a second slice.

"Don't forget to breath while eating that!" Christina chuckles. "Oh shut up." I say before taking another bite.

"You're gonna do the same thing when you're pregnant one day." I say

"I think we should focus on the wedding first." Will laughs. I shrug, "Give a year or two and you'll be as pregnant as I am." They laugh at my remark.

"OOH THAT REMINDS ME!! I picked out the bridesmaids dresses todaaaay!" Christina squeals excitedly.

"Really? Can I see them??" I ask. She shows me a picture she had in her pocket. The bridesmaids are Marlene, Lynn and Shauna. I'm her maid of honor of course.

Tris' dress

Shauna's dress

Shauna's dress

Marlene's dress

Marlene's dress

Lynn's dress

"They're beautiful!" I say, "you have great taste

"They're beautiful!" I say, "you have great taste."

"Well I am an expert when it comes to clothes and shopping" she laughs, "That gives me GREAT idea! I should go shopping with you to get baby clothes!"

I laugh, "Knowing you Christina we'll have enough clothes last him his entire life by the time we're done shopping.

                                          ****

Four and I lay in bed snuggled up against each-other. My finger traces shapes in his chest, breathing slowly, my head resting on his shoulder.

"I can't believe we're having a little boy." He says

"I know. I couldn't be happier," I smile," He's gonna be one handsome young man. He's gonna have dad's charm and good looks."

"And his moms bravery and strength." Four adds

"I love you." I say. He sits up and I sit up with him facing him. He wraps his arms around my waste and kisses me slowly, yet passionately. He pulls away.

"You now what we haven't...done in a while..." I start

"You know how much I would love to," he says, "but are you sure it's okay with you being pregnant and all-"

"Just shut up and kiss me." I chuckle, and he does

Hey everyone!! I know this chapter was short but I didn't wanna keep you waiting too long to find out the gender. I hope you like it! Most people said boy which I was already planning on doing so it worked out great! Have a great day and be brave my lovelies!  🔥💙