[ 𝟕 ]

"Oh you can't sit here," Lijuan's friends frowned at me. "This spot is only for cool kids."

"Well, I'll try to be a cool kid. How do I do that?" I asked.

The one sitting on the right of Lijuan with a long braid rolled her eyes at me and said, "You have to wear purple and black earrings, necklaces, and bracelets to be cool like us." She waved her arm covered with purple and black bead bracelets in front of my face and flipped her hair showing off her huge violet hoop earrings.

"Um, can I borrow them from you?" I gestured towards her fancy jewelry.

"No, obviously not. Who do you think you are?"

The girl scanned me from the top of my head to the tip of my toes. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. My heartbeat grew faster and my mind became foggy. I was unsure of what to do.

I looked over to Lijuan who had a bored look on her face. She shrugged and continued eating her lunch

"Lijuan-"

"Go away." The girl on the left of Lijuan spoke meanly and gave me a sharp look. I silently nodded and went away. Sitting down in the corner of the room, I opened my lunch bag and started my sandwich that tasted less delicious than usual because of what just happened. As I looked back at Lijuan's table, I felt my heart shatter into multiple shards, piece by piece. Her friends scowled at me once they noticed me looking and continued making jokes.

Lijuan threw her head back and laughed happily along with her friends.

Just like we used to.