[ 𝟑𝟑 ]

"Where are we going?" I asked the guy who had put a blindfold on my face.

"You'll see," Yanjun replied.

Lin Yanjun was Hendery's best friend. They both met during physical education while playing basketball. He had blue hair and angled features that suited his face. Right now, Yanjun had covered my eyes with a blindfold—with my permission of course—and we were headed to an unknown place. Earlier, he had told me to meet him at the park in our neighborhood at 6:30 pm.

"A little to your right," Yanjun said. "Yeah great, we don't want you to bump into another tree."

"Where are we going Yanjun?"

"It's a surprise."

I have a feeling Hendery was behind this.

"But I wanna know."

"You'll know, just ten more minutes."

Yanjun led me up some stairs of an unknown building and then stopped after a few minutes.

"Okay, see you. Have fun!" Yanjun ran away.

"Wait-" I was confused and still had my blindfold on. I turned around and started to run in his direction but almost fell over.

Right, I'm wearing heels for the first time. Obviously, I've never practiced running in heels before.

Fortunately, my face didn't hit the floor and I fell into someone's arms. The person helped me get back up and then turned me around. I felt my blindfold slip off and gasped at the sight in front of me. I stood on a rooftop and the sun had already set. A table was set for two with plates and cutlery. A few feet away from the table were tea light candles placed in a heart shape that lit up the dark area. At the middle of the table was a transparent vase with two red roses.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around but saw no one. I turned around once again and saw Hendery.

He wore a navy blue hoodie with a white and teal geometric design on it and a pair of blue jeans. His jet black hair was styled and shone under the moonlight.

"Wow!" I exclaimed. "Did you make all of this Dery?"

Hendery nodded and added, "Well, Yanjun helped me set up some of it but yeah."

"It's beautiful!"

"Thank you. I'm glad you like it."

Hendery politely offered his hand and we walked to the table. He pulled out a chair and I sat down. Then, he took a seat in front of me. We started eating delicious food.

"Oh um to add to your question earlier, Crystal made this," he gestured at the food.

"Wow," my eyes widened in amazement. "It's so good, I swear I thought it was a five-star meal!"

Hendery chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I tried to make a reservation at the restaurant you once said you wanted to go to but they canceled it because the restaurant is shutting down temporarily," Hendery said. "I know this isn't as good as the restaurant but I hope it makes up for at least 50% of it. I wanted to make the best of what we have"

"Hendery," I looked him in the eye. "I love this more than a fancy restaurant. Do you know why? Because you put so much effort into it. And I wasn't going to get angry or upset if you didn't get the reservation, I would've understood."

I took another bite.

"I feel so-" I put a hand over my heart "-touched."

Hendery smiled brightly like the moon in the night sky. His eyes twinkled like the stars.

"Thank you so much, Hendery. This means a lot to me."

"I love you, Panda."

"I love you too, Dery."