Just A Dare

It was only supposed to be a joke. A harmless dare where we both leave afterwards barely effected. But no. I'm in to deep. He's in too deep. We're both trapped in this "joke" with no clear way of how to handle it. It was thrown upon us. What's the worse that could happen we thought. It's not like we would actually fall in love....

A few months earlier...
"Eva!! Come over here! We want to introduce you to someone" my friend, Jenna called to me.
I walked over to where they were sitting at a picnic table in the schools courtyard.
"What's up?" I looked over at Jenna, her boyfriend Kyle, and a boy who was sitting next to Kyle. He kinda reminded me of someone but I can't remember who.
"Eva, this is Will. He dropped out of school a while ago but he decided to come back to get his diploma"
"Hi" I shrugged and sat down next to Jenna. High school dropout. Their never good people.
"Hey Eva, I've heard a lot about you. Like you like to sing?"
"What the hell? Who told the new kid??"
I was super insecure about my singing and my music. I also had a lot of trouble with boys in the past. For instance my first boyfriend stood me up on our first date and my dad left my mom, my younger sister Kelly and I when me and Kelly were just Babies. So I didn't open up to new people easily. Especially not boys.
"Oh I'm sorry Eva, Will just said that he likes singing a lot too"
"I don't care Jenna. Just don't say anything else. I have to get to class. Bye" and with that I left.

Will POV
"Don't sweat it dude, she'll warm up to you" Kyle said.
"Okay. I guess." I didn't know if I wanted her to warm up to me or not. I mean she was really pretty and all but she seemed mean. And I wasn't sure that I wanted to be friends with her. Kyle and Jenna seemed cool though, so I was fine being friends with them. I don't know. I just had some sort of feeling about Eva.

******

Will POV
It's been two weeks since I met Eva. She hasn't changed her attitude towards me and I decided to reciprocate it. We just both hate each other honestly. Every day I sit with her and her friends at lunch, not because I want to but because Kyle is my closest friend and he's always with Jenna who's always with
Eva which means I'm always with Eva. I was walking over to where I ate lunch with my friends when I noticed Eva looked like she was sad. Maybe that she was crying earlier. I don't know for sure though. I sat down next to Kyle.
"What's up?" I asked.
"Doesn't matter" Eva murmured.
Um. Okay.
"Hey Will, Eva" Kyle said.
"What?" We said at the same time. We then have each other a glare.
"You guys seem to hate each other."
"Seem to?" She chuckled.
"Whatever. But me and Jenna were talking and we came up with a way to get you guys to, I don't know, be able to actually stand each other"
Jenna continued, " we propose the idea, that you guys fake date. Well more like we dare you to do it"
Eva spit out her water... all over me.
"Bro what the hell is wrong with you??" I said standing up. I was now soaked in Eva's spit water. gross.
"You want me? To date him??" She pointed at me.
"Theoretically, yes" Kyle said.
"You two are really screwed up in the head if you think I'd date him" Eva said.
"Okay." I spoke up.
"What?"
"I said okay. I'll do it. I mean dares a dare right?"
"You've got to be kidding me. I can't believe I'm saying this. But okay. I'll do it too." Eva sighed then continued. "Okay 'lover boy' let's go get you a new shirt." She grabbed my arm and we walked into the school.

Jenna POV
"You really think this will work?" Kyle asked me once they were far enough away.
"Oh positive. They're perfect for each other they just don't see it yet"

Meanwhile inside the school:
Eva POV
"Why did you say yes?"
"Huh?" He looked at me with a weird expression.
"I said—"
"I heard what you said. And I don't know. It was a dare. A dares a dare you know you gotta do it"
"Mhm" I didn't believe that. "I think deep down you actually like me."
"Hahah as if" he shrugged it off.  "Now cmon where do I get a new shirt."
"Your locker" I said.
"I don't have one in my locker."
"Oh well that seems like a you problem. let's go." I started walking away without Will.
"Bro wait up for me! Geez. I still don't know where I'm going in this school" he shouted behind me.
"Well then hurry up dork" he finally caught up to me and we walked back outside. We saw Jenna and Kyle sitting in the same place they were when we left.
I sat down and looked at Jenna. "So what does this 'fake dating' include?"
"Well you guys have to hold hands. Hang out inside and outside of school, go on dates you know. Hug every so often. Act like you actually like each other. And I don't know maybe kiss?" Jenna said.
"You want me to kiss him/her??" Will and I said at the same time.
"I mean maybe? It would make it seem more real"
"I'm not kissing him. Nope never. " I said.
"You've never even had your first kiss before." Jenna said.
"Hey Will you said you haven't either!" Kyle added.
"Thanks for exposing us" I said sarcastically.
"Well you could be each other's firsts"
"NO!" Ew that's gross, I thought.
"Okay Eva, We both have English next. Let's go" Will held out his hand to me. I reluctantly took it. Everyone started looking at us bc we were holding hands. At first it was weird but I don't know it wasn't as bad as I thought.