Discovery

Katara's POV

Aang seems happy on the outside, but I can tell that he is really suspicious on the inside. He has been since this morning. I wish there was more that I could do to try and convince Aang that we aren't together, even though that would be a total lie.

Sokka, being the clueless being that he is, doesn't seem to have idea as to what is going on between me and Zuko. He hasn't given the earlier hand holding a second thought. He probably doesn't even know about it. 

"So Zuko, you wanna give us a tour of the palace? Sokka asks.

"We have already seen most of it, Sokka." Aang says. "These gardens were the last important part."

"Well I can tell you that these gardens are my favorite part of the palace. There is a pond of turtle ducks over that way and a really nice fountain in that direction." Zuko says.

"In fact, that fountain is where Mai and I first met." He adds. It was a good touch. Immediately I see Aang relax a bit. This news must have hinted to him that him and Mai were still together. Good.

All six of us start to walk toward the turtle duck pond. I guess it is more interesting than a fountain. When we get there, I can see that the turtle ducks are out and about. There is a mother with three babies. It's a sweet little family.

I see that no one is looking so I look at Zuko quickly. He is smiling. Zuko doesn't usually smile, especially in front of others like this. He rarely did it while we were still training and a majority of his smiles have been sarcastic or slight.

But this one is a legitimate and a very handsome smile. I love it. Just when I thought that I couldn't love Zuko any more than I already do, I realized that I will always fall deeper and deeper in love with him.

I bring my gaze away from him to see Sokka and Suki sharing a kiss and I wish more then anything that I could do that with Zuko. He needs to take me here sometime when it is just us. Then we could do whatever we wanted.

While I was thinking about Zuko, I felt Aang brush up against my back. I see him come to the opposite side of Zuko. He grabs my hand, entwining his fingers in mine. I keep my hand open because I know what he is trying to do.

He grabs my hand while looking into my direction with a small smirk resting on his face. I didn't thin that he could even smirk like that. It doesn't look right on him. Aang is sweet and childish, and I like him better that way.

I keep Zuko's arm around my shoulder, hoping that will keep Aang away. But that doesn't stop him at all. He gently moves Zuko's arm off my shoulder and pulls me closer to him. Zuko isn't surprised that Aang made a move. He knew that Aang was there and that he would try something.

Aang faces me toward him and stands on his toes. He pulls me into a kiss, a kiss that I don't join in at all. It's all him. His hand grabbing mine, his lips on mine, him keeping this relationship going.

I don't pull back, but I don't get into the kiss either. I just let Aang do what he wants. Instead of thinking about yelling at him, I just think about Zuko. I think about how much better Zuko's kisses are. How much more caring, passionate, and beautiful they are. I think about how much more that I enjoy this.

I think about his handsome black hair, and his enchanting golden eyes. I think about how strong, brave, and secretly selfless he is. I think about how I love Zuko and not how I love Aang in that way.

Aang breaks away, but he keeps a hold onto my hand. I turn away from him, and just stare at the turtle ducks in the pond. If I look at Zuko then it might blow our cover. I just want to look at Zuko and ask for his help. I want him to help me free myself from this one sided relationship without hurting someone I still love.