News

Zuko's POV

Just as we are about to reach my room I see one of the royal servants. She is standing next to the door to my room. When she sees us turn the corner she starts to approach us. I look at Katara who seems to have recognized her. I don't worry about that though and I just hope that she has news on Uncle.

"Prince Zuko! I have important information about Ba Sing Se. " She says.

Immediately, I can feel the suspense start to build in. I really hope that Uncle is okay. He has always been there for me. I would be completely devastated if I lost him. My heart beat starts to quicken and so does my pace to reach her.

"One of the Royal messengers said that Ba Sing Se has been officially taken back from the Fire Nation, and given to the Earth King. It was taken by a group called the White Lotus, which I assume you know." She recites.

I nod eagerly. I am desperate for news on my Uncle and the longer that I have to wait for it, the worse the feeling inside me gets. I feel Katara place her hand on my shoulder. It calms me down a little, but not enough to stay still. I'm tapping my foot aggressively and fiddling with my shirt.

"And the best news is that your Uncle along with the White Lotus are all okay. They made it back to their camp and your Uncle said that he will travel to the palace and he will be here by tomorrow morning." the servant finishes.

I immediately look at Katara with what feels like one of the happiest feelings I have ever felt. Uncle is alive! He's okay. I didn't lose him. I seriously don't think I have ever been so happy. I'm always happy when I'm around Katara, but this is a different kind of happiness.

I pull Katara into a hug. I don't even care that I just bought her straight into my wound. I don't care that it hurts. I only care about the fact that Uncle is alive and well. I can feel Katara wrap her arms around me.

I continue to hug her and I realize that a few tears are slowly falling down my face. I don't normally cry. It is just not something that I do. But this news is just so relieving that I can't help myself. I hope that Katara doesn't notice, but honestly, at this point, I don't care if she does. When I take in a sharp breath of pain, Katara breaks away from me.

"Let's get you inside." she says. "Thank you for the news Su." Katara must have met this servant yesterday when I was asleep. Honestly it's nice to know her name because I see her all of the time. But that thought is at the back of my mind. 

"Your welcome. If you need anything else, I'll just be a few doors down." She replies with a bow. 

Katara guides me into my room and I limp over to my bed. She unties my shirt and pulls it off me like normal. I don't lie down. Honestly, sitting up is just easier. Plus it isn't as awkward. When I look up at Katara, who has started healing, she laughs and smiles at me.

"What?" I ask her, confused. "You haven't stopped smiling since you got the news." she says.

"And..." I question. 

"I have never seen you smile this much, even when you're around me." she continues. I laugh and bring her head to mine so that I can kiss her.

The healing session proceeds like any other would, besides the fact that I am apparently, much happier according to Katara. Every time she brings it up, I just kiss her. Honestly I think that she is just bringing it up on purpose. 

After about 15 minutes, Katara and I decide that we are hungry. From the looks of the sun, it's pretty late in the evening, so it has been a while since we have eaten. Katara puts everything away and we leave the room, with me only slightly limping, to go find everyone else.

"Wait. Sokka doesn't know yet." Katara says stopping me in the middle of the hallway. For the first time since I heard the news about Uncle, I feel a bit upset. But it doesn't last long, Katara and I know what to do. 

"Dang. Well then I guess we are back to this." I say putting my arm over her shoulder. 

This time, though, I don't put any weight on her. If anyone looked close enough, they would see that. Katara doesn't object to it though. I'm happy that she doesn't because I need to be close to her. Any chance that I can get, I'll take it. Plus, it makes me excited again.

We walked up to Sokka's room and here muffled yelling from inside. I assume that Suki is in there. I don't want to be that person who eavesdrops on others conversations so I tune it out. Katara quickly knocks on the door. 

"Who is it?" I hear Sokka yell from inside.

"It's your sister, Katara." she replied. I hear Sokka walk up to the door and he unlocks it to open it. His hair is a mess and his clothes are still dirty. Clearly he hasn't bothered to bathe yet. Suki comes up behind him, looking a little bit better. 

"What do you need sis?" Sokka asks, a bit agitated. 

"We were going to get something to eat, and assumed that you would want to join us." I say, keeping my smiling to a minimum. 

"Sure we'll join you." Suki says. Sokka smooths out his hair and they close the door behind them. 

"Do you guys want to get Toph or..." 

"We will get Aang thank you very much." Sokka says before Katara can even finish her question.

Sokka and Suki head toward Aang's door while Katara and I head to Toph's. I'm actually happy that Sokka wanted to get Aang. It would have been awkward if Katara and I showed up at his door together. Plus he knows that we are just faking me being injured to be close, which would also be weird for him.

We approach Toph's door, but before either of us can knock. She throws the door open. She looks the same as normal and just as agitated as Sokka. Why is everybody so agitated today? I mean, the Fire Nation can't be that bad, at least now. 

"I will join you guys for dinner." She huffs.

Sokka and Suki got Aang. I see Katara try to shoot him a friendly smile, but he doesn't look at her at all. This is going to be a weird night for sure. I really hope that I told Katara to do the right thing.

Nothing to say about this one except I might have to take another break from posting everyday. I need to write some more content :D