* How It Started *

A/N : I added a few things in this chapter

September 3, 2019

"Live a little Avi, this'll be fun. I promise." Katia, one of my best friends since high school, nudged me.

"And I know you haven't been getting any since you and Jerome called it quits." Gavin pursed his lips at me, giving me a look.

I rolled my eyes at them. It's been eight months since me and my ex, Jerome, called off our engagement due to his infidelity issues and abusive tendencies - which resulted in 2 kids - we were together for six years.

In the beginning it was love at first sight then a few years in I started to see the real him. The abusive, obsessive, manipulative person he was truly. You can say I was blinded by love, or that I was naive to the fact, and I'd have to agree with you.

I wish I would've left the first time he showed his true colors, but like anyone in an abusive toxic situation, it's harder then it sounds.

When he first put his hands on me I tried to fight back (Like I was taught to do), but it just made him angrier and my punishment was hell of a lot worse when I would fight back.

What made me finally decide to leave him was when I found out I was pregnant with his child. He was happy about it then all of a sudden something flipped, and one night when I came home from hanging out with Bianca, Tia, and Gavin, we got into a fight that turned extremely violent - I mean to the point where I  had to go to the hospital - I had three broken ribs, a black eye, a swollen lip, a fractured arm, and I'd lost my baby because he repeatedly kicked me in my stomach.

That was the last straw for me, I had to tell someone so I did, and they helped me get out of that situation. Ever since, I moved back to my hometown, rekindled my relationship with my friends and family, got a job, and brought my own apartment and car.

I thank god everyday for getting me out of that situation. A day doesn't go by when I don't think about my baby, it was a baby boy.

"Fine. I'll go." I sighed giving into their foolishness.

"YASSSS! We finna get drunk tonight, baybe!" Bianca stuck her tongue out, doing a little twerk.

"And I know just the right club too," Gavin chuckled. He had a sly smirk plastered on his face.

"Uh oh. I know that look and it ain't good. Where we going?" Katia shook her head at him.

"Laughing my ass off. And bitch, don't worry your pretty little head bout it." Gavin waved his hand in Tia face causing her to smack it away.

"What time we leaving?" I asked Gavin, I had a hair appointment later on at 2:15 and it was now 12:25 pm.

"Prolly bout 12, ya know das when the real party start! Knowwhatimsayin"
{ ••• }
"Dammit I gotta get ready for my hair appointment. Y'all gonna stay here?" I asked them, looking at the time on my Apple Watch it was already 2 o'clock.

"I'm stayin" Gavin informed.

"Yeah, same here." Bianca and Tia said in unison.

I nodded grabbing my purse, phone, and my drivers license then headed out the house to the salon.

I got into my brand new Tesla, plugged my phone up into the aux and shuffled my playlist. I pulled out of my garage and pulled onto the street. I drove to my sister, Ayja's salon - which is five to ten minutes away from my place.
{ten minutes later..
A-Centric Salon}

I parked my car, grabbed my things, got out and locked my car doors. I walked toward the two story brick building. I walked inside - it was white and red with hints of grey, it was very modern and elegant.