Unrequited ( Bokuto & Kuroo )

I antagonize Kenma a bit in this, sorry ;(
Caregiver Bokuto, Regressor Kuroo

<3

It ached more than he could possibly believe , Kuroo's chest as he walked down the hall into his condo. All the money in the world couldn't fix the fact that he was aching, it couldn't change how bad his heart seemed to hurt right now. He opened the door and closed it roughly behind him, not even undressing from his suit and tie before flopping face-first onto his bed ,not before dialling his best friend's number on the phone. " booo... come over.." he groaned as soon as the phone was picked up, still being the same whiny teenager he was seven years ago. But it could've been forgiven considering Kuroo was rejected for the thousandth time by his childhood crush, being put down and played since he was barely in grade school, he just needed someone to care for him.

Bokuto was lounging in his apartment after practice in nothing but sweatpants, his television playing something random. Honest to god, he was bored, really, and he'd wanted to ask Atsumu, Shoyo, and Kiyoomi if they'd hang out with him, but then they talked about having a date night all through practice, so that was off the table. He was just about to dial up either Kuroo or Akaashi before his phone began buzzing, Kuroo's contact lighting up the screen. Answering it, he grinned from ear to ear, "Hey-!" He exclaimed, but was met with Kuroo's whiny groan through the speaker. He could tell just by his tone that something was off. "Okay, I'll be right over. Want me to bring anything? Beer? Food?" He questioned as he picked up a tshirt off the floor and pulled it over his head.

Kuroo didn't want to disappoint Bokuto, he probably wanted a boys night, then to have a couple drinks and watch a stupid movie before falling asleep on the couch. But he needed care, he needed to be small or he felt like he might break down. For the last little while he had only been letting other regressors he knew use the nursery, he hadn't touched it in months besides cleaning, and he wanted to be small and safe. " neither.. I .. I kinda need papa..." he said with his voice cracking, hoping he didn't sound too stupid. No matter the amount of time Bo cared for him, he still got nervous. Bokuto blinked a couple times, because he hadn't heard Kuroo ask for that in quite a while, so he had to take a moment to make sure he'd heard it right. Soon enough, a light smile came to his face, though. "That's okay," He assured, his voice immediately softening, "I'll be there soon, yeah? So don't worry your lil head, bub." He hummed as he grabbed his keys, genuinely excited to care for his friend. He had no idea what the circumstances were, though, and he had a feeling they weren't the best. "Want me to stay on the phone with you while I drive?" He asked, wanting to be sure since he didn't know if Kuroo was in a state where he could be by himself any longer.

Kuroo felt a little fluttering in his stomach as he heard those words , happily kicking his feet against his bed as he buried his face with a soft whine escaping him, trying to indicate he wanted Bokuto to stay. " mhm.." Kuroo muttered , already starting to slip , he just wanted papa to help him out of his big clothes and get him swaddled in a blanket and cuddle in his bed.. it all seemed so nice.. Bokuto gave a fond little chuckle, his heart warming in his chest at the other's childish little indications. He sat in his car, putting hit phone on speaker and placing it in the cup holder as he began driving. "Alright, papa's gonna stay with you and keep you real safe till I get there, huh?" He engaged, unable to drop the grin from his face as he did, wishing so badly that he could be there in that exact moment. It was only a ten minute drive, though, so it wouldn't be long. "Just be patient for me, bubby." He hummed, one hand on the steering wheel.

Kuroo made another worried noise before it was clear a quiet sniffle escaped him, he hadn't ben small in so long and he had so many emotions that needed to come out. " papa.." he murmured , his voice hoarse and scratchy. " I had such a bad day." he said , exaggerating his words. It was only a bad day because he had another confession gone wrong. " ke'ma said no again .. an' i gotta give up..." he explained , trying to keep his voice from being too deep. Bokuto's smile finally dropped and he gave a little sigh. He'd been telling Kuroo for so long that he needed to give up... That it was only hurting him to keep going after Kenma, but he never really listened to him, so he left it alone. "Awe, hon... I know, it hurts real bad." He said, his voice heavy with sympathy. "I know it. But it's gonna be okay, I know you're sad, but papa's gonna be there in just a couple minutes." He reminded, "Then we can talk about it and you can have a cry if you need to, hm?" He rambled on, keeping his voice at a comforting level, though he drove just a little faster to be with Kuroo sooner.