ѕєνєηтєєη

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ; THE MAYBE'S IN LIFE.

THE MOMENT THAT DRACO DISAPPEARED, around the corner, Melody was off. Sprinting with the breeze to keep her company, the sound blasting into her ears; the swishes of the wind, resembled the water in the Black Lake. 

Harper was solely concentrated on getting to Harry in time, the revealing of the egg was going to be a turn for them both, the two being best friend's made each moment special to the other. The thought trembled in her mind, reminding her that she was going to have to explain, in a way, how she ended up being late to a meeting that was in the early of the dawn.

Melody looked at the walls as she ran of the stairs, all of them seemingly to be closing towards her, maybe it was the adrenaline that was kicking to her brain, thumping her heart to the barrier of her skin. The fair skin, the shade of paper, becoming lighter with the frigid nipping of the cold air onto her. Though it kept getting harder and harder to focus, realizing she hadn't done exercise in quite some time, the sight that her eyes gave her, became slightly blurry.

The haziness attempting to blend into a coat of a night sky, black painting from the rim to the center of her view, was almost devouring her as a whole. She began blinking rapidly, closing her eyelids tighter than the others, stars lit up when she opened them again. The 'sun' began to shine the dark away, giving her a light to guide her way.

Then she looked, the tall, rounded wood door, that curved at the top━creating a pointed figure, was right in front of her. The creases of texture the frame had, looked more prominent up close, Melody could almost imagine the feeling, of her hand grazing upon it. The brunette adored the differences in everything, including objects; she found them unique.

The smile that was on her face, vanished as she panted. The palms of her hands grasping her knee, bending her body to try and give her a chance to breathe━which she was so unable to get, since right when she stopped; The famous Harry Potter swung the door open, latched his own fingers around her arm, and tugged her into the bathroom.

"Where were you ?" The scar headed boy asked, eyes wide as saucers, breathing heavy, seemingly heavier than Melody at this time. "I was worried, you're one to keep your word, never standing back," he paused. "But it's been what, about twenty minutes, and you just now arrived."

She knew it, she knew this was coming...but never created a good enough excuse.

Harry went to open his mouth when he blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"Stomach Ache !" Sure as hell wasn't the best excuse, but hey. Its reasonable in her mind. Potter's eyebrows quirked inwards, wrinkles folding and overlapping his scar. "Did you just say━"

Melody frantically nodded. "Yep, Mhm ! I was having a bad stomach ache from all the food we ate at the Great Hall." He wasn't exactly buying it, she could read his as a whole. The way his stance was━ standing with his body tilted to the side, along with his head. Her best friend's entire friend read 'you're definitely not one to lie, but this is suspicious.' Harry wasn't wrong, at least what Melody imagined he was thinking, wasn't wrong.

"Enough of where you have been. What matters is that you're here now." His grip locks towards her wrist, dragging her until they were in front of the bathing area. Melody had slapped his hand, maybe a bit too hard; 4 red lines and half of her palm, began to appear on his wrist. " I am not even properly dressed for this, Harry."

"It doesn't matter Melody, this is how were going to find out about the egg." Harry had scrunched up his face, creases and wrinkles folding together, as he looked at his wrist. The scar headed boy rubbed it slightly. "Geez, did you have to hit so hard ?" 

The green irises of her eyes then softened, sympathy crawling its way up her body, like a spider. "Sorry Harry." Her pale lips quirked with a frown. "I didn't mean to hit you that badly. I've just been a bit tense lately."

"It's okay, I understand. I shouldn't have been that harsh." His tone soothed her, he always did. The bond and connection between the two student's rarely faded, and if it did. The string that had connected them to feel like a whole, would tear━thin lines, resembling hair struck up like lightning on a dark and stormy night. Though soon, they knew it would reassemble to be one again eventually, the string wouldn't go into two.

Harry watched as her mind began to drift off into whatever land she created. Which he knew if she stuck there too long, something bad could possibly occur. "We can talk about whatever is going on if you want to."

Her brown locks flew side to side, as she indicated that she did not want to talk about it. "No it's okay." Melody's fingers slid up to her ear, tucking the hazelnut colored strands to behind. "I'll be fine, let's focus on the egg." She threw up her false smile. Like she always did.

Her bestfriend knew something was up, but he also knew not to push it further. 

"Alright, I trust you." Harry paused. The sound of water foaming to create bubbles, as well as the sound of the soap popping against one another rang through the prefect bathroom. "So..." He held out his hand. "You want to figure out what the next clue is."

"You bet."

HI OMG IM SO SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING, AND I KNOW THIS IS SHORT, BUT BARE WITH ME. IM STARTING TO FINALLY WANT TO WRITE THIS STORY AGAIN. I LOVE ALL OF YOU.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE ? more of harry and melody's friendship. draco and melody, or the backstory behind what's going on between them ?