Through the Eyes of Three

(c) Copyright Libby Blake

No one knew the truth. The truth was something that could only be seen through those of treacherous acts or blunt love lust. It was a rare factor to see in the Kingdom of Rahn. Ruled by just a King and Queen, even some people didn’t believe they existed. A myth; to keep everyone tied down. They were always hidden in the halls of their stone palace – unbreakable by any manmade weapon. The palace itself was hidden in the city; rumour was you walked down the graveyard’s haunted tunnel to see its golden gates.

Rahn was bathed in myth and legend like the beauty of its red fallen leaves, coating the cobblestone roads like a blanket.

It was rare to see anyone besides traders and locals within the kingdom’s realm. Visitors from other lands sometimes ventured into its flourishing grounds hearing the rumours of mythical treasure beneath the hidden palace or the three entities that walked among the red cobblestones with them, but they found nothing of such. Months or years, they would walk the roads and ask around, but they received no new information. 

Even the young minded; those who could recall crawling on all fours at the start of their cycle of life, once thought of the myths as realistic. They would pretend, grabbing moulded sticks with their friends and ran around the city, becoming the labelled ‘treasure hunters’ and smacking the road as though to dig. Watching the youth was entertaining for those that had given up a long time ago, those who knew that the myths were in fact myths, not bothering to move from the carved chairs.

It was relieving on the minds of the old.

But the minds of the older, they suspect something; a hidden palace with the hidden Royal couple with a rumoured hidden treasure chamber beneath said palace containing mythical treasure worth more than they could imagine? It seemed so unlikely, so impossible, but the old were wise to suspect something for all myths and legends derive from something. From some small aspect of truth, no matter where located. They all thought it was most likely manipulated and wavered throughout the generations; but it came from somewhere.

The people of Rahn knew that there was a Royal family; there was their seal of a single red autumn leaf which was worn by the soldiers throughout the city. They strutted down the roads, their golden red cloaks brushing aside the commoners. Their arrogance was all that was in their heads; but they didn’t think with that anatomy. No one had seen the Royal couple in years; only the red carriage that appeared from the ‘skies of the sun Goddess’ that was pulled down the road drawn by the Rahn Stallions to appear in Royal Meetings with the other Kingdoms of the world. Their faces? Unknown.

Were the Royals beautiful? Hideous? Tall? Short? Were they the cursed slender or the blessed curvaceous? What colour were their eyes? Did they have a son or daughter?

What of the myths of the rumoured treasure chamber? What gold lay in its cavern? How much is it worth?

And of the three entities what walked among us? Are they the three Ladies of the Sun who birthed humanity? Are they the Lord of the Moon who created the dreaded magic and devilish actions throughout the Kingdoms? What creatures are possibly the three they speak of which walk among those of Rahn?

As I said before, no one knew the truth.

But I am not one.

I am three.

The Three which watch the Lords of the Moon, waiting to strike out the hatred they weave in the hearts of my humanity. We are Three and I am One; One of the Three of the Ladies of the Sun. Birthed by the Sun Goddess, my Sisters and I fell to the lands of the barren Kingdoms. Our mere touch sprouted our humans from the seeds of the lands. The Lords tried to take that from us, but no. We are here to protect. I am here to protect what’s mine and who I love.

My sisters and I ventured free through the realms in our immortal lifetime but we were always a part of the Kingdoms; including Rahn. Named after one part of our soul, it was always a soft spot in our frozen hearts.

So when one of the Three is missing, we knew where we had to search.

The Kingdom of Rahn is not holding gold in the hidden chamber under the hidden palace.

It’s holding a Goddess; harbouring her power for the flourishing lands of the autumn trees.

Now; it’s about to face the wrath of two very angry Goddesses who left the post of evil to save their sister.

So when the roar sounded, shaking the cobblestones free from the roads of the Rahn and the red leaves from the highest trees, the people knew something was very wrong indeed.

They knew then, that the myths did derive from some truth.

That was their end.

Hi! This is a book idea of mine, which I hope to develop into a book at some point but it's up to you! Let me know what you think :)

Libby xx