Chapter 31

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

We ran back down as fast as our feet carried us. We all settled down on the couch.

"He talked to her. He actually spoke sentences. Well, not clear. But progress." Rehan was shocked.

"Where's my food?" Kai walked in front of the couch awkwardly shifting his weight from one leg to the other.

"We left it on the dining room table." I said smiling.

Yes. Remi did it.

"Okay." He awkwardly gave me a nod and headed there.

We all followed him there and seated Remi next to him.

"So?" I urged her to speak. "Remi, did you get your homework done?"

"No..um. I guess I can do it later tonight." She answered.

"You can copy mine." He told her.

"Oh okay. Thank you. That would be helpful."

He smiled at her and then looked down at his food.

After taking a bite he looked at us three, watching them with heart eyes.

"What are you doing here?" He asked annoyed. "Didn't you eat?"

"Oh. I'm sorry." Ace waved his hands apologetically, getting up from his chair. "I didn't know you two wanted some privacy."

"Yes, why don't you say so Kai." I joined.

The color on Kai's face faded. "No. I..I didn't mean to chase you away."

"Oh no. We intruded." Ace continued.

Kai slammed his fork down. "Please sit!"

We sat back down amused.

"So why did you get into a fight?"  Rehan asked.

We all turned towards him. We can not just ask him out of the blue.

Remi turned towards Kai. "Yeah what happened?"

He looked at her and then us. He hesitated for a bit.

Whatever happened must have been that hard.

He sighed. "I knew he would be mad, I just didn't know he would find out like this. I wanted to tell him with a plan. I had a plan."

"Tell him what?" I asked.

"What happened that made Fin mad?" Ace asked, equally interested.

"I'm thinking of going to Italy. Well just thinking at this point..." He answered.

"What when?" I asked.

"After high school. The principal recommended me to a university in Florence. They replied that they would gladly accept me and that I should apply for a scholarship there when the time comes." Kai said and then looked at us apologetically. "I didn't tell you because it's still early and I might change my mind million more times. But Fin found out since he got called to the principal's office and he said something to him."