Chapter 63

There's a surprise in this chapter that wasn't initially there, but I added it in, based on votes from the readers.

You guess what it is ;)

Lucy's p.o.v

When we got there, Ace walked in first. Francy ran out of her room a few seconds later. She was looking at me confused, worried and wary. But no words were coming out. She seemed as if she didn't know what to say.

Ace turned to face me. "Have you guys fought before?"

"No." 

"Oh boy." He tapped my back and he approached Francy. "Here you go." He gave her the milkshake.

"Thank you." She took the milkshake but didn't break eye contact with me. She almost pleaded with her eyes for me to say anything.

Ace pulled her back into the room. "Come here Francy. I'll explain everything to you."

He closed the door behind him. I waited there for five to ten minutes and then I heard yelling.

"HE FORGOT?"

I remember that gangster tone when she came to hunt me as Lucy.

"HE DID WHAT TO YOU?" She yelled again.

Suddenly the door opened and Ace walked out. The door slammed shut behind him.

"Sorry dude. I tried to help but I think I made things worse. Good luck." He ran upstairs.

"Um...Thanks."

I walked to her room and knocked on her door. There was no answer. I knocked again.

Since there was no answer again I opened the door carefully and peeked inside.

She was on her bed twirling the straw in her milkshake cup, looking down.

I closed the door behind me.

"Francy..Can we talk?"

She didn't even glance at me.

"Babe?" I tried.

Not. one.freaking.glance.

"I'm sorry that I didn't call you and made you worried. But I was gonna call."

She suddenly stopped swirling the straw and raised her head towards the ceiling. "If only I could prosecute him in the family court. "

"Francy?"

She suddenly placed the milkshake on her nightstand and finally faced me.

"I don't want to talk. I'm angry. I'm disappointed and very emotional. I want to calm down and maybe we can talk tomorrow when I'm not so irritated."

"But I want to clear things up."

"I said I don't want to listen to you tonight. I want to brew in anger right now. Save your excuses for tomorrow when I might forgive you."

I didn't think she'd be so angry.

"Why are you so angry? It was only a small misunderstanding?"

That.WAS.A.mistake. She suddenly stared at me like she was going to kill me on the spot.

"Not only did I worry that something went wrong and that you were hurt, but I thought you hated me because it was my suggestion to go and talk to your parents. Then I got my poor brother to go and talk to you and I can't believe he brought you an expensive milkshake and you laughed in his face at the end."