I am useless ✔

Cayde's P.O.V:

Ikora and Zavala called me to inform me that they found her.

They were afraid that if we call ( Y/N ) she maybe be hurt or something worse, like the last time. We can not jeopardize it.

So we went alone. We three on a mission. Like the old good days. Well, I prefer these days because in the past I didn't have her.

Anyways, we are so close. We detected her on Earth. Fact that made us freak out.

We enter a room. It is the first time we are coming here.

She is here. Standing in the center of a green circle. She turns and sees us.

" Well, well, look what we have here. The 3 Vanguards. " She greets us pretending to be surprised.

" It's over. This time you gonna die. " I announce.

" Really !? Well, I would have believed ya if the killer of Oryx was here. " She retorts and laughs.

" She is the only guardian who can hurt me. " She adds and attacks.

I dodge. Ikora does the same. But Zavala isn't fast enough. He dies immediately. His ghost appears to heal him. She prepares herself to attack. I jump, grab his ghost and return to safety. Ikora is now behind Savathun using her arc super.

I let Zavala's ghost heal him. And the real battle starts.

We fight and fight and fight again. No break. We die and then being brought back to life. If I was human, I would be exhausted. I don't know how Ikora and Zavala are still standing.

We shoot, activating our supers and doing everything, trying to hurt her. Nothing works. We need to leave, the other two know it, but ...

I sigh. I failed. My girlfriend has saved me and the others so many times and I tried to save her once and I failed.

I am useless.

And let's say that we return. What should I tell her ?

" I am sorry my love, I tried to kill her but I am weak. "

What will the others say ?

" Guys, we can't. Let's leave. We will come and try an other time. " I propose.

And suddenly the door opens. Some guardians enter. Our friends ! Lord Shaxx, lord Saladin, Osiris ( still with Sagira ), Saint-14, the Drifter, Stelios, Jimmy, Konstantina and John. But most importantly, it is HER in the middle. SHE is the leader.

" Next time that you will decide to disappear and go to a suicide mission, I want to take part. " My queen reprimands me staring at me.

" Last chance my child, join me or die. " Savathun says.

" Go to hell. " My love answers activating her dark super and throwing her frozen kamas at her. She screams. A scream full of pain.

I smile. The guardians enter the room. She comes next to me.

" When we will finish with her, I gonna kill you. " She promises.

" I understand, next time you will be the first to know about my missions. " I promise back.

She shoots some Hive and hugs me. She starts crying and I pat her shoulder.

" I was soo worried. In the beginning you didn't answer my call. I thought that you had work and I didn't want to bother you. After 1 hour, Lord Shaxx came and told me that he couldn't find Zavala, Ikora and you. So, he thought that you could be there with me. I answered that I had no idea where you were. We entered Zavala's office and we found out about this super secret mission. Immediately we called the other guardians and came here hoping that you are ok. " She explains.

" It's ok. We are together now. Let's finish her. " I state kissing her helmet.

Savathun screams again. This scream brought us back to reality.

" What's the plan ? " My love asks me and the other two Vanguards.

" Shooting until death. " I reply trying to cheer us up.

" This and don't let her leave. " Ikora adds.

Reader's P.O.V:

" Ok. " I agree.

I run towards her. She turns and looks at me, angrily. She does the same with The Scarlet Keep. I lose my balance. I feel so heavy. My power runs out. I can't breath.

I stop and kneel.

" Nooo. " I hear a familiar voice scream.

No. I won't fall this time. I can't. I must succeed. I stand again. The only thing I can see is her. I come closer. I feel weaker and weaker. I jump and activate my dark super again. My two kamas hit her.

I hear her scream again. But this time the scream stops. She had been turned into dust. I close my eyes. I am really tired.

I feel someone lifting me bridal style into his arms. I wrap my arms around his neck, just to be sure that I won't fall. I open my eyes and see that it was Cayde.

I rest my head on his chest and sigh. With her dead I am feeling free again. I close my eyes and open them again. I caress with my hands his chest armor.

He turns his head to look at me.

" You are not unconscious like the last time. I prefer you like this but when you are sleeping, you should know that you are adorable. ".

" Thanks. " I whisper smiling and blushing.

" Don't worry, I am here. I won't let anyone hurt you. " He says and caresses my cheek . I am still wearing my helmet, so my helmet's cheek.

" I am never worried when you are hugging me. " I whisper taking of my helmet and giving a gentle kiss on chest armor. My ghost transmits my helmet into my ship.

He smiles. His smile was the last thing I saw before Morpheus came to take me.